European Christmas & New Year Tours
Celebrate next Christmas in Europe!
Imagine… spending Christmas in a first class hotel in snow drenched Grindelwald or in a stunning castle in the Italian Dolomites. Savor mulled wine and ginger biscuits in candlelit Christmas markets, visit fairytale castles and monasteries, take a snow bound carriage ride or maybe a steam train ride through forested valleys.
Each of our Christmas tours usually start with in depth visits to the more major cities but then, as Christmas approaches, they escape to the forest covered mountains, medieval castles and nostalgic, selected first class hotels for 3, 4, 5 and even 7 nights to capture that essential European winter magic.
Our exciting European New Year tours have been specially designed to not only be enjoyed as ‘stand alone’ tours but also so that they can be seamlessly ‘bolted on’ to almost all our Christmas tours. Whether you are seeking spectacular New Year’s Eve celebrations with massive firework displays or perhaps simply more time in the mountains, playing in the snow, we have something for you!
Come and join us on one of our magical, festive tours!
Experience the Albatross difference...
- Unique touring itineraries designed for you - the Australian and New Zealand traveller
- These are festive Christmas tours – not summer tours "run over winter". We always take particular care to include special events and activities in each itinerary that will bring alive the nostalgia and joy of the Festive Season
- Smaller group sizes with a maximum of only 40 people so you will enjoy a more personal touring experience
- Leisurely 3, 4, 5 or even 7 nights in one location over Christmas. Virtually NO one night stops - our tours are to be enjoyed not endured
- Stay in charming character hotels in superb locations - selected for their style and ambience to complement the festive season
- Genuinley inclusive tours with NO additional 'on tour' costs - even your 'end of tour' tips are included
- So many wonderful dining experiences included, often in delightful local restaurants
- Expert commentary in the English language only
- Book with confidence with our Guranteed Group Departure Policy
Christmas and New Year Tours 2014
German and Austrian Christmas Markets - 10 Days
This pre-Christmas tour has been specially designed to, not only capture the magic of some of Europe’s greatest and most nostalgic Christmas Markets but also takes you through a dramatic winter wonderland, to enjoy visits to castles perched on craggy hillsides and savour the warm, local hospitality.
Austrian Christmas Break - 8 Days
A festive Christmas staying seven nights in a charming chalet style hotel in the enchanting Austrian Alps. Includes the Salzburg Christmas Markets, Silent Night Chapel, Linderhof Palace plus more!
German Christmas Break - 8 Days
Stay in the heart of the Black Forest near the lovely town of Triberg. Includes visits to Heidelberg, Stuttgart, Lake Titisee, Strasbourg, Hohenzollern Castle plus more!
Swiss Christmas Break - 8 Days
Stay in a delightful old wooden chalet style hotel in the beautiful Bernese Oberland. Includes train excursions to Luzern, Bern and to Lake Geneva. Note this is a non-escorted group stay.
German Fairytale Christmas - 10 Days
A festive Christmas near Ludwig's 'Fairytale Castle' in the Bavarian Alps with visits to Rothenburg, Bamberg, Nurnberg, Munich, The Romantic Road plus more!
German White Christmas Tour - 10 Days
Imagine... staying five nights over Christmas in the Bavarian village of Oberammergau. Enjoy traditional Christmas meals, savour the fabulous Christmas markets in Munich, Salzburg, Innsbruck plus more!
Bavarian Fairytale Christmas Tour - 10 Days
Celebrate Christmas in the Bavarian village of Oberammergau with visits to Rothenburg, Bamberg, Nurnberg, Munich, The Romantic Road, Neuschwanstein Castle and much more!
Austrian White Christmas - 10 Days
Christmas in the enchanting Austrian Alps with visits to Vienna, Salzburg Christmas Markets, Rattenberg, Melk Monastery, Innsbruck plus more!
Christmas in the Austrian Tyrol - 10 Days
Experience Christmas in heart of a Tyrolean village in the snow covered Stubai Valley, Austria. Includes Salzburg and Innsbruck, fairytale castles of Bavaria, Olympic Bobsled run at Igls plus more!
Christmas in an Austrian Spa Resort - 10 Days
Stay 3 nights shopping and exploring the boulevards and palaces of elegant Vienna before traveling via the Danube, Melk Monastery and the Austrian Lakes District to spend Christmas over 5 nights in the Spa town of Bad Hofgastein.