The Albatross Tours App
Enhance your Holiday Experience
- Your daily tour itinerary
- Helpful travel tips to prepare you for your holiday
- ‘My Time’ suggestions
- Interactive maps, even when offline
- Local weather guide
- Online currency converter
- Messenger function. Send your whole group a welcome message!
Download the Albatross Tours App
Frequently Asked Questions
The Albatross Tours app is compatible on the following devices:
- Android Mobile Phones with software 5.0 or later
- Apple iPhones with software iOS 9.0 or later
- Apple iPad devices - note iPad mini devices are not compatible
Please note: If you have an older mobile phone (4+ years old) the App may not be compatible. A warning message will appear in the App Store or Play Stores when attempting to download the App.
If you are having trouble downloading the app from the App Store or Google Play Store please ensure your mobile phone has the latest software updates and has ample storage space available.
For Android mobile phones, the app is compatible on software 5.0 and above. For Apple devices, the app is compatible on iOS 9.0 or later and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Unfortunately the app is not compatible with Android tablet devices or Ipad mini devices.
You will be able to access the Albatross Tours App three weeks prior to your tour departure date.
If you are travelling on multiple tours, your consecutive tour/s will be available three -four weeks prior to the tour departure date.
To access the Albatross Tours App, a valid reservation number is required to be entered into the Booking Reference Number field on your tours app.
Your reservation number can be located in the header of your pre-departure documentation. Click here to see two examples of where to find you reservation number.
To login to the app please enter the following details:
Booking Reference Number: Refer to you pre-departure documentation for your reservation number
First name: As it appears on your passport and Albatross Tours travel documentation
Last name: As it appears on your passport and Albatross Tours travel documentation
Special exceptions to be aware of:
If you have advised us of your middle name/s (as per your passport) and they have been referenced in your pre-departure documentation, then they will be required to be added in to the First Name field when you log into the Albatross Tours App.
For example, if you have advised us that your name is Felicity Jane Mary Smith, then you will need to type into the fields in this format:
The Albatross Tours App is free to download in the Apple App and the Google Play Store. While the majority of features are available offline, data usage fees may apply and we recommend being connected to WiFi when available.
The majority of functions are able to be accessed offline. We do recommend while travelling to be mindful of international roaming charges and to be connected to WiFi when available.
Located in the 'More' section of your Albatross Tours App is now a 'Messenger' function.
Who can access the function?
- The messenger function is only available to the people who have downloaded the App and are on the same tour as you. You are not able to message guests on different tours to yourself.
- When sending the message, please be aware that everyone will be able to read this message. You are not able to send messages to individuals in your tour via this function.
Can I go back and delete my message?
- If you make a spelling mistake or any other error within the message, you will not be able to delete the message.
How will I know that there is a message waiting for me?
- When a message is sent, you will receive a notification on your phone to advise that there is a message available.
- The type of notifications that are sent from your application to yourself are called 'push' notifications. If you are not receiving them, then you will need to go into the setting of your phone to ensure that the notifications are allowed for the Albatross Tours App.
This is a new function that we have introduced and there will be updates in the future that will make the messenger function more user friendly!
- Go to Settings > Notifications.
- To choose when you want most notification previews to appear, tap Show Previews, then select an option—Always, When Unlocked, or Never. (You can override this setting for individual apps.) Previews can include things like text (from Messages and Mail) and invitation details (from Calendar).
- Tap Back, tap an app below Notification Style, then turn Allow Notifications on or off.
- If you turn on Allow Notifications, choose how and where you want the notifications to appear for the Albatross Tours app—for example, on the Lock screen or in Notification Center.
- You can also set a notification banner style, sound, and badges for individual apps.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications and then Notifications.
- Under "Recently sent," see apps that recently sent you notifications.
- You can turn off all notifications for a listed app.
- To pick specific categories of notifications, tap the app's name.
- To see more apps, tap See all from last 7 days. To sort by Most recent or Most frequent, tap them.
Tip: If you don't see "Recently sent," you're using an older Android version. Instead, tap App notifications and tap an app. You can turn notifications, notification dots, and notification categories on or off. If an app has categories, you can tap a category for more options.