ANZAC Day at Villers-Bretonneux
10 days only $3,749pp twin share
- Leisurely 2, 3 and 4 night stays
- Escorted by a specialist Battlefield Tour Manager
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- 17 years experience operating Western Front tours
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Guaranteed group departures
- Absorb the full reality and tragedy of the trench warfare and gain a deeper insight into the life of the diggers, with commentary by our specialist Battlefield Tour Manager
- All hotels located to access all the major Commemorative sights
- Experience the ANZAC Day Dawn Service at the Australian National Memorial near Villers-Bretonneux and local Town Service hosted by the village Mayor
- Be moved by the Last Post at the Menin Gate and visit ‘In Flanders Fields’ Museum
- Visit the Flanders Commemorative sites including Messines, Hill 60, Polygon Wood, Essex Farm Cemetery, Tyne Cot, Toronto Avenue Cemetery, Island of Ireland Peace Park and explore Hooge Crater Cemetery and Museum
- Visit the Somme Commemorative sites including the Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux, Fromelles Memorials, Vimy Ridge, Bullecourt ‘Digger’ Memorial, Adelaide Cemetery, Australian Memorials at Pozières, the Ulster Tower Memorial, Newfoundland Memorial Park, Thiepval Memorial to the Missing of the Somme, 2nd Australian Division memorial at Mont St Quentin and Australian Corps Memorial at Le Hamel
- Visit Franco-Australian Museum at Victoria Primary School in Villers-Bretonneux & Thiepval Interpretation Centre
Day 1: 18 April - Paris
Your tour commences in Paris this evening. We have included a welcome drink and dinner. This is an ideal chance to meet and get to know your Tour Manager and fellow travellers.
Day 2: 19 April - Paris
This morning we enjoy a Paris panoramic tour which will bring alive the city from the Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysées and Arc de Triomphe (including the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier), to the Louvre and Notre Dame. Your afternoon and evening are at leisure.
Day 3: 20 April - Ypres
Day 4: 21 April - Ypres
Day 5: 22 April - Ypres
A day to discover the battlefields and memorials associated with some of the most costly operations fought in by Australian soldiers – the battles of the ‘Flanders Offensive’ of June to November 1917. In the morning we visit the site of the Battle of Messines, the beautiful Toronto Avenue Cemetery and the Island of Ireland Peace Park. Later we drive up the famous Menin Road to visit Hooge Crater Cemetery and Museum (this small, private museum is in a renovated Chapel and small school), the 5th Australian Division Memorial in Polygon Wood, Hill 60 and the British Commonwealth’s largest war cemetery at Tyne Cot. What happened in this area east of Ypres in 1917 was eventually summed up in one terrible word - Passchendaele! Dinner tonight is included in a local restaurant.
Day 6: 23 April - Ypres
Day 7: 24 April - Somme Area
Day 8: 25 April - Somme Area ANZAC Day
Day 9: 26 April - Somme Area
Day 10: 27 April - To Paris
Your Western Front Tour ends this morning after breakfast as you are transferred to Paris to arrive around midday. Drop off points will be Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport and Paris Gare du Nord station. We recommend that you book flights or trains that depart Paris after 2pm today.
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives and sightseeing as described in the itinerary
- Fully escorted by our specialist Battlefield Tour Manager
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- 9 nights specially selected hotel accommodation
- Breakfast daily (B), 2 snack lunches (L)
- 7 dinners including welcome dinner in Paris & farewell dinner in a local restaurant (D)
- Welcome drink Paris
- All entrances as per itinerary
- Extensive touring of the WW1 Battlefields
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Specialist Battlefield Tour Manager
Gain a deeper insight into the life of the WW1 diggers with expert commentary from your specialist Battlefield Tour Manager
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!