Austrian Lakes Christmas Holiday
8 Enchanting Days
- Leisurely 7 nights in the Austrian Lakes District
- Stay in an authentic, character style hotel
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Personal group sizes up to 40
- Celebrate Christmas over 7 nights with all breakfasts and dinners included, in the delightful first class White Horse Inn beside Lake Wolfgangsee
- Experience a traditional Christmas Eve Celebration dinner and Christmas Day Turkey lunch
- Visit Prien, and cruise across Lake Chiemsee to enjoy a guided tour through Ludwig’s Royal Palace of Herrenchiemsee.
- Explore beautiful Hallstatt and St Gilgen
- Visit the famous ‘Silent Night’ Chapel and picturesque Königssee town
- Visit the Christmas markets of Salzburg and enjoy a hot drink and biscuits in Austria’s oldest restaurant
- Take a cruise across Wolfgangsee to visit Strobl and ride on the Zwölferhorn Mountain cable car in St Gilgen
- Dress up and take a trip down the Berchtesgaden Salt Mines, and relax on a horse-drawn carriage ride on Christmas Day
Day 1: Munich, Herrenchiemsee Palace and picturesque St. Wolfgang
Day 2: The Silent Night Chapel, Salzburg sightseeing, ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets
Day 3: Beautiful Lake Königssee, Berchtesgaden & Salt Mines
Day 4: Christmas Eve in the mountains and stunning Hallstatt
Day 5: Christmas Day – ‘My Time’ in St. Wolfgang, and a horse drawn carriage ride
Day 6: ‘My Time’ in St Wolfgang and lake cruise to Strobl
Day 7: Katrin Mountain cable car ride, Mondsee, St Gilgen
Day 8: To Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 7 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Lake Wolfgangsee
- 15 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
The White Horse Inn, St Wolfgang – 7 Nights
This excellent, chalet style 4 star hotel is located directly on Lake Wolfgangsee, in the heart of St Wolfgang. With a history spanning centuries and having even been mentioned by name in classic opera, it consists of nine historic townhouses, merged into one, and nestled along the lake shore. The atmosphere is charming with traditional Austrian wooden décor, and the dining is excellent! This delightful first class hotel also offers an excellent wellness centre complete with a gym, steam room and sauna with stunning views across the lake to the snow clad mountains. To cap it all, there is an all year round heated pool and spa – both of which are floating on the lake!
This was my first tour with Albatross and it was the most amazing tour I have ever done. Maritza was fantastic ans so was the hotel. I have already recommended this tour to friends on facebook!
I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and found it had the right mix of leisure time and organised time. I love the fact that we spent every night in the one place as it really did feel like home. The hotel is exceptional! The food was always varied and top quality. I loved starting the day with a hearty breakfast and the variety was great. Honestly, I can't fault the tour. Well done!
Everything was amazing! Love the White Horse Inn and St Wolfgang. And, Maritza was the best tour manager!
Love every minute of the tour! I cannot make one complaint.I appreciated the times allowed for our own leisure, making the tour so much more relaxed than expected.
We were happy to find so many younger people on the tour.
The White Horse Inn was so close to everything and the staff were brilliant.
Maritzer made the tour flow well, she got us organised beautifully. Her information on the area was great. We were never left wondering what we were doing or where we were to be.
Martiza, our tour manager, is a wonderful person who made every member of her 'Christmas family' feel at home. Werner, our driver, was a delight, his driving calm and confident. I felt very safe despite icy, narrow roads. The horse drawn carriage ride was a highlight. 'Extras' such as hot drinks, biscuits and local specialties were a nice touch.
I have been on a lot of tours and this has to have been one of the best. The hotel was superb, we were so well looked after. Our tour manager, Maritza was the best I have ever encountered. Our driver Werner was excellent, polite and courteous, could not have asked for better.
I loved every minute. The White Horse Inn is spectacular and the staff, service and food is fantastic. Albatross had so many lovely personal touches.
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!