Salzburg, the Mighty Matterhorn & the Glacier Express Tour
12 Exhilarating Days
- Enjoy 4 nights in Zermatt
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Personal group sizes up to 40
- Enjoy a 3 night stay in Salzburg, visit the lakeside town of St Wolfgang and enjoy a Salzburg walking tour
- Experience a nostalgic horse drawn carriage ride from Filzmoos through a winter wonderland to the Oberhofalm Mountain Hut
- Stay 2 nights in delightful Klosters and explore medieval Innsbruck
- Enjoy a 4 night stay in Zermatt, beneath the mighty Matterhorn
- Glide through the Swiss Alps in the Glacier Express panoramic train carriages
- Sip mulled wine surrounded by 38 peaks over 4,000 metres high in the Alps
- Ride the Gornergrat funicular to see the mighty Matterhorn
The Salzburg, the Mighty Matterhorn & the Glacier Express Tour is just one of the many tours you can enjoy in Austria, Switzerland and Italy. Visit the destination pages for more information for our other amazing tours!
Hear about this tour first hand from an Albatross traveller - read about Roshell and her husband's experience on this tour.
Day 1: Munich
Day 2: St Wolfgang, Mondsee and Mozart’s Salzburg
Day 3: Salzburg sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 4: Horse drawn carriage ride and dinner in Salzburg’s oldest beer cellar
Day 5: Innsbruck’s Golden Roof and Klosters
Day 6: ‘My Time' in Klosters
Day 7: Ride on the Glacier Express from Chur to Zermatt
Day 8: Zermatt sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 9: Ride on the cog railway to the Gornergrat and see the mighty Matterhorn
Day 10: ‘My Time’ in Zermatt
Day 11: Sightseeing and ‘My Time’ in Milan
Day 12: Milan
This morning it is time to say farewell as your tour ends.
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 11 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Munich
- 18 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
Imlauer Hotel - The Pitter, Salzburg - 3 nights
This 4 star hotel is located near the Mirabell Palace and a short stroll from all the notable sights of the old town.
Hotel Alpina, Klosters - 2 nights
Set in the centre of town, this chalet style hotel offers Alpine style ambience, an indoor pool and spa centre and large well furnished rooms with balconies.
Hotel National, Zermatt - 4 nights
This superb 4 star chalet hotel is located right in the heart of Zermatt village.
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!