A Bavarian Fairytale New Year Tour
7 Romantic Days
- Longer stays with no 1 night stops
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Personal group sizes up to 40
Imagine celebrating New Year in the Bavarian Alps, in a village nestled at the foot of the fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle. Take the Tegelberg Cable Car up the mountain, relax on a horse drawn carriage ride, visit beautiful Wieskirche – the Church in the Meadows, and explore King Ludwig’s extravagant castles.
- Explore historic Luzern
- Stay 5 nights over New Year in the Bavarian village of Hohenschwangau
- Witness a fireworks spectacular over Hohenschwangau Castle
- Relax on a horse drawn carriage ride through the countryside
- Be guided through Neuschwanstein Castle and Hohenschwangau Castle
- Enjoy breathtaking views on a cable car ride to Tegelberg
- Visit picturesque Wieskirche, extravagant Linderhof Palace and Kloster Ettal
Day 1: Luzern
Day 2: Lindau on Lake Constance and the Bavarian Alps
DAY 3: Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau Castle visits
DAY 4: ‘My Time’ in Füssen and lunch on Lake Hopfensee
Day 5: Ride in a horse drawn carriage and on the Tegelberg cable car
Day 6: Wieskirche, Oberammergau and Linderhof Palace
Our first stop this morning is at the richly decorated Wieskirche (Church in the Meadows) with its incredible painted ceilings. Lunchtime is in the pretty ‘Passion Play’ village of Oberammergau, where we have included a guided tour through the amazing Passion Play Theatre. Later, we will stop at Kloster Ettal church which dates back over 700 years and is one of the finest examples of Rococo architecture in existence. Our last stop today will be Linderhof, an extravagant French Rococo Palace – yet another of King Ludwig’s amazing creations. Our farewell dinner tonight is in our hotel.
Day 7: To Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 6 nights authentic,specially selected hotel accommodation as described
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Luzern
- 13 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 6 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described in the itinerary
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
AMERON Neuschwanstein Alpsee Resort & Spa, Bavaria - 5 nights
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!