Belgium & Holland, Cobblestones and Windmills Tour
10 Wonderful Days
- Leisurely 2, 3 and 4 night stays
- Small group size from just 10 to 28
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Character hotels in superb locations
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- 'My Time' guaranteed
From medieval towns to quaint cobblestoned villages, delve deeper to discover the hidden treasures of Belgium and Holland. Cruise down canals, walk through fields of tulips, relax in beautiful town squares amongst ornate gabled merchant houses and explore fishing villages and windmills.
Experience the world famous Keukenhof Flower Festival on our May departure. Spanning 8 weeks in April and May, 7 million flowers of all sorts, shapes and colours are magically displayed across 32 hectares – it is utter Tulipomania! Ask us for details.
- Enjoy a walking tour of historic Brussels including the Grand-Place
- Sample chocolate in the beautiful Galeries Royales
- Stay 3 nights in the heart of gorgeous Ghent
- Visit the Waterloo Battlefield, 1815 Museum, the Lion’s Mound and the 360-degree Panorama Painting
- Relax on a boat ride through Ghent’s delightful canals before dinner in a local restaurant
- Explore Ypres and witness the moving ‘Last Post’ under the Menin Gate
- 2 May departure will include the incredible Keukenhof Tulip and Flower Festival (instead of Het Loo Royal Gardens)
- Take a cruise through Rotterdam’s enormous port and visit the incredible Market Hall
- Visit the gardens and stables of the Dutch Royal Palace of Het Loo
- Enjoy your farewell dinner in the delightful red and white shuttered ‘toy house’ Dutch village of Haarzuilens
It’s not just about the Clogs and cheese!
Day 1: Brussels welcome
Day 2: Brussels Grand Place and Galeries Royales
Day 3: Waterloo and a boat ride through Ghent
Day 4: Ypres, Flanders Fields and Menin Gate
Day 5: Delightful Bruges
Day 6: 3 Massive dykes and Rotterdam port cruise
Day 7: Amsterdam cruise and ‘My Time’
Day 8: Flowers, cheese and windmills
Day 9: Het Loo Royal Gardens and De Haar Castle
*Please note: on our May departure we will visit the Keukenhof Flower Festival instead of Het Loo Royal Gardens. The day to day itinerary has therefore been slightly adjusted so we can visit the Aalsmeer flower market and Keukenhof Flower Festival all on one ‘blooming amazing’ day.
Day 10: To Amsterdam
Interested in also travelling on our superb Rhine Castles, Moselle Vineyards and Ancient Cologne tour? It’s easy! Selected departure dates of these tours are designed to allow you to link these two tours. We have sensibly allowed you one night in between one tour ending and the other tour starting, to allow you time to travel between the cities where these tours start and end.
Alternatively, the 29 August departure of this tour can be linked to the August departure of our wonderful Black Forest, the Bavarian Alps and Austria tour, which ends in Munich on 29 August. Just catch a train from Munich to Brussels to link these two tours.
Incredible Value Inclusions
- ALL excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first-class air-conditioned touring coach
- 9 nights specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 bag per person)
- 13 Meals – including breakfast daily (B) and 4 dinners (D)
- Tea, coffee and a complimentary beverage with all included dinners
- Welcome drink in Brussels
- Hand Selected Albatross Experiences – special boat rides in Ghent, Rotterdam and Amsterdam, Waterloo museums, special Flanders Fields tour, Aalsmeer Flower market and Zaanse Schans historical windmill village
- Local guides as described in the itinerary
- ALL tips to your Tour Manager, Driver and Local Guides
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi at hotels
NO additional ‘on tour’ costs!
Pillows City Hotel Brussels Centre - 2 nights
This contemporary 4 star hotel is conveniently located within easy walking distance of the main sights. The guest bedrooms are spacious and equipped with modern facilities. Hotel does not offer porterage.
Grand Hotel Karel V, Utrecht - 4 nights
NH Gent Belfort - 3 nights
This stylish 4 star hotel is brilliantly located in the heart of the historic centre, and provides the perfect base for our stay over the next 3 nights.
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Availability|
|5 Jul 2021||14 Jul 2021||Not Yet Open For Sale|
|29 Aug 2021||7 Sep 2021||Not Yet Open For Sale|
|30 Apr 2022||9 May 2022||Not Yet Open For Sale|
|4 Jul 2022||13 Jul 2022||Not Yet Open For Sale|
|28 Aug 2022||6 Sep 2022||Not Yet Open For Sale|