Christmas in an Italian Castle Tour
11 Unique Days
- Leisurely 2 and 4 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
Imagine celebrating this Christmas in a glorious 900 year old Italian Castle set in the charming foothills of the Italian Dolomites. Add visits to the picturesque Austrian Lakes District, the Christmas Markets of Salzburg and Innsbruck, the chic ski resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo and the romantic city of Venice.
- Celebrate Christmas over 4 nights in a stunning Italian Castle in the foothills of the Italian Dolomites
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Munich, Innsbruck, Salzburg and Bolzano
- Enjoy Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day lunch and Boxing Day in the chic ski resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo
- Stay 2 nights beside Lake Fuschl in the picturesque Austrian Lakes District and enjoy a torch light walk with mulled wine
- Spend a day in the baroque city of Salzburg, enjoy a hot drink and biscuits in Austria’s oldest restaurant and visit the ‘Silent Night Chapel’
- Explore ‘The Sound of Music’ Mondsee and drive through the lakes district past Wolfgangsee to picturesque Hallstatt
- Stay 2 nights in medieval Innsbruck and visit Swarovski Crystal Worlds
- In Bolzano, shop in the Christmas Markets and see Ötzi - the mummified mountain man
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle, the ‘Passion Play’ village of Oberammergau and the wonderful Kloster Ettal Monastery
- Visit the canals and hump backed bridges of Venice, relax by Lake Garda and enjoy a farewell dinner in stylish Milan
Day 1: Munich
Day 2: Mondsee, beautiful Hallstatt and lakeside Fuschl
Day 3: Silent Night Chapel, Salzburg sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 4: Swarovski Crystal Worlds and ‘My Time’ in Innsbruck
Day 5: Neuschwanstein Castle, Oberammergau and Kloster Ettal Monastery
Day 6: Bolzano and CastelBrando
Day 7: Venice sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 8: Christmas Day –‘My Time’ in your Castle & Christmas lunch
Day 9: ‘My Time’ in chic Cortina d’Ampezzo
Day 10: Sirmione on Lake Garda and stylish Milan
Day 11: Milan
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 10 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Munich
- 20 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 9 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
The Mohrenwirt, Fuschl - 2 NightsSet in the old village centre this former Rustic Inn has been serving guests for over 150 years. You will be guests of the Schmidlechner family who have developed this hotel into one of the best country hotels in the region. Furnished with wood panelling your hotel boasts a charming lounge bar and lovely restaurant. Leisure facilities included sauna, solarium and wellness centre.
Grauer Baer Hotel, Innsbruck - 2 NightsSuperbly located just 200 metres from the historic city centre, this hotel has 196 rooms with private facilities. The hotel boasts style and tradition and features a restaurant, bar, sauna, steam-bath, solarium and a gym.
CastelBrando, Cison Di Valmarino - 4 Nights
A beautifully restored castle with sensitive modernisation has brought the original magnificence back to life. Guelph style decorative battlements, stone cellars, tapestries, swords and suits of armour set the scene for the elegant halls, dining rooms, manicured gardens and terraces overlooking the valley. Glorious for après dinner drinks on a summer evening!
Maritim Hotel Munich
Our tour manager’s attention to detail was excellent. His relaxed, humorous approach to meeting the needs of all the group was personal and genuine. He knew everyone by name, I was travelling alone and he checked when I needed extra information so I could keep notes and made sure I had the correct times. He had maps, written itinerary’s each morning, and clear instructions and backup. He knew many had limitations of physical endurance, fitness and age and he dealt with all in a sensible and practical manner. Christmas day was very special. The village church had a mass that many attended and the simple piety and service of a ritual celebrated for five hundred or more years was beautiful and so powerful. The local community offered us the sign of peace by holding hands greeting us in Italian, and most of the group took communion. The way they share their Christmas was very moving, a highlight for me, as I myself am not Christian.
A wonderful tour! Gilberto was a fabulous tour guide. Very friendly and with a wonderful knowledge of the places we visited.
Highlights were our day at the ski resort and making snow angels. I loved the walks through the old towns of Salzburg, Innsbruck (and the Christmas markets) and Hallstat. Castlebrando was very impressive. I loved the tour and the fun people we met.
Sheryl, travelled December 2014
The breakfasts were all fantastic. Christmas Day was fabulous, starting with Mass with the locals following by lunch with new found friends ajoy! Our guide Helen, was fun, humorous and happy to accommodateour groups' requests and requirements. Looking forward to hopefully enjoying another tour with Albatross in the future.