German & Austrian Christmas Markets Tour
10 Festive Days
- Longer stays with no 1 night stops
- Small group size from just 10 to 28
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Frankfurt, Rothenburg, Würzburg, Bamberg, Nürnberg, Innsbruck, Salzburg and Munich
- Stay 2 nights in the cobble stoned streets of Rothenburg barely 50 metres from perhaps the most romantic of all Christmas Markets and enjoy a Nightwatchman walking tour
- Visit the baroque town of Würzburg, starting point of the ‘Romantic Road’ plus ancient Nürnberg, UNESCO World Heritage listed Bamberg and Munich
- Explore medieval Innsbruck and see the ‘Golden Roof’ surrounded by wonderful Christmas Markets
- Relax over 3 nights in the Passion Play town of Oberammergau, experience the incredible funicular and cable car rides up to the summit of the massive Zugspitze mountain and take in the views across 400 snow covered mountain peaks
- Stay 2 nights in the centre of Salzburg and enjoy a walking tour of the old town through to the Christmas Markets
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle, extravagant Linderhof Palace, and explore the Oberammergau Passion Play theatre and picturesque Füssen
Hear about this tour first hand from an Albatross traveller - read about Julia's experience on this tour.
Day 1: Frankfurt
Day 2: Würzburg Christmas Markets, ‘My Time’ in Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber and a Night Watchman torchlit walk
Day 3: Nürnberg ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets
Day 4: Romantic Road to Fussen, Neuschwanstein Castle and Oberammergau
Day 5: The mighty Zugspitze
Day 6: Linderhof Palace, Kloster Ettal, Oberammergau’s Passion Play theatre and ‘My Time’
Day 7: ‘My Time’ in Innsbruck and to Salzburg
Day 8: Salzburg sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 9: Munich and ‘My Time’
Day 10: Munich
This morning it is time to say farewell as your tour ends.
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 9 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Frankfurt
- 15 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 6 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours travel App
Tilman Riemenschneider – 2 Nights
This splendid old half-timbered hotel is superbly located inside the old medieval walls barely 50 metres from the central market square. The hotel offers restaurants traditionally decorated with original paintings and wooden carvings and rooms with individually painted alpine-inspired furniture, private facilities, cable TV and hair dryers.
Parkhotel Sonnenhof – 3 Nights
This superior 3-star, family run hotel is built in the wooden Alpine style and is located within an easy walking distance of both the centre of town and the mountain lifts.
The Stadtkrug Hotel, Salzburg – 2 Nights
This 4 star hotel is located in a quiet area of the old town centre of Salzburg. From here it is just a few minutes’ walk to all the notable sights of town.
I would like to highly commend our Tour Manager. This man, larger than life and with a personality to match, was outstanding. He catered for the needs of all on our group and was not afraid to also take people to task when they were being foolish during walkabouts. You have found a true treasure in Victor and I congratulate your company on using such a man, with his knowledge, expertise and language capabilities on this tour. Well done Albatross and well done Victor. This man will remain in my memory for many years to come.
The whole tour was awesome. Loved the locations/hotels, the slower pace and free time we had. The group were great and most joined in the fun.
The Tour Guide was very nice but would have been good to have ear pieces to be able to hear him better when walking the streets. Think the final evening dinner would have been better at the hotel or very much closer - having to bus then walk in the rain and then into a huge restaurant where we all got seperated was not ideal. The hotel location was very handy to the railway station but the area was a bit dodgy. These negatives are really minor and hopefully constructive should not detract from a fabulous time and tour.
This tour gave me more than I expected, and the mark excellent is many instances is not enough - especially where Gina and the driver were concerned. Their care and experience were outstanding.
All in all, an excellent tour which I enjoyed immensely. The style of the hotels were authentic European and definitely added to the atmosphere of being in Europe over Christmas. I hadn't been to any of the places we toured so the highlight for me was just being there.
I loved the markets, but loved the townships more. The places we saw via the coach, cable car, cog train and walking were just magical and the amazing weather we had just made it that much more magical.
Thank you Albatross, the research you put into creating your tours is very much appreciated because they are faultless! I have now experienced a Summer and a Christmas tour so there is plenty more for me to explore!
Prisca our tour manager was an absolute delight. Her sense of humour was almost 'Australian'. She was so much fun!
Every aspect of our tour has exceed our expectations. The attention to detail by our tour manager ensured a trouble free journey. We always felt safe and secure with our coach driver behind the wheel. We considered the funicular and cable car - Garmisch to Zugspitze to be the highlight of our tour. We have no reservation in recommending 'Albatross Tours' to family and friends. The pace of the tour is relaxed and suited to our needs.
Garry and Helen
This was an excellent tour! Having previously travelled with other companies such as Insight, I was sick of the money hungry approach and all those 'optional extra' tours that aren't optional at all. That's why I chose Albatross Tours and I was right to do so. Smaller groups and a mix of singles and couples was good too. Well done!
Our tour manager and coach driver were great. There was very little I could fault with this tour. Good length, great inclusions and an excellent taster of Germany and Austria.
What this tour has shown me are places I would like to re-visit and a taste of what else can be done. I will be recommending this tour to my friends also. Great for first time visitors. Safe and well organised. Love the inclusions.
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!