German and Austrian Christmas Markets Tour
10 days only $3,329 pp twin share
- Longer stays with no 1 night stops
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- More sightseeing time for you
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Guaranteed group departures
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Frankfurt, Rothenburg, Würzburg, Bamberg, Nürnberg, Innsbruck, Salzburg and Munich
- Stay 2 nights in the cobble stoned streets of Rothenburg barely 50 metres from perhaps the most romantic of all Christmas Markets and enjoy a Nightwatchman walking tour
- Visit the baroque town of Würzburg, starting point of the ‘Romantic Road’ plus ancient Nürnberg, UNESCO World Heritage listed Bamberg and Munich
- Explore medieval Innsbruck and see the ‘Golden Roof’ surrounded by wonderful Christmas Markets
- Relax over 3 nights in the Passion Play town of Oberammergau, experience the incredible funicular and cable car rides up to the summit of the massive Zugspitze mountain and take in the views across 400 snow covered mountain peaks
- Stay 2 nights in the centre of Salzburg and enjoy a walking tour of the old town through to the Christmas Markets
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle, extravagant Linderhof Palace, and explore the Oberammergau Passion Play theatre and picturesque Füssen
Day 1: Frankfurt
Day 2: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Day 3: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Day 4: Bavarian Alps - Oberammergau
Travelling south we reach Bavaria late morning and spend lunchtime at the end of the ‘Romantic Road’– in the town of Füssen. Take time to walk through the very picturesque and historic town. Our afternoon visit is to the nearby village of Hohenschwangau. After a brisk walk uphill you will enjoy a visit to one of the most inspiring and famous castles in the world – ‘Mad’ King Ludwig’s romantic Neuschwanstein Castle. At the Castle you will enjoy a guided tour inside the King’s apartments, staterooms, halls and throne room all reminiscent of a Wagner operatic saga. Later we continue to the historic village of Oberammergau – famed for its ‘Passion Play’ performances which have been staged every 10 years since the 1600’s. Oberammergau is set in the picturesque Ammer Valley beneath snow capped mountains. The town itself is also famous for its beautifully painted houses and chalets.
Day 5: Bavarian Alps - Oberammergau
Day 6: Bavarian Alps - Oberammergau
Day 7: Salzburg
Day 8: Salzburg
Day 9: Munich
Day 10: Munich
Sadly your tour is now complete, and it is time to bid farewell.
Incredible Value Inclusions
Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 9 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Frankfurt
- 16 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours travel App
Tilman Riemenschneider, Rothenburg – 2 Nights
This splendid old half timbered hotel is superbly located inside the old medieval walls barely 50 metres from the central market square. The hotel offers restaurants traditionally decorated with original paintings and wooden carvings and rooms with individually painted alpine-inspired furniture, private facilities, cable TV and hair dryers.
Parkhotel Sonnenhof, Oberammergau – 3 NightsThis award winning, family run hotel is built in the wooden Alpine style and is located within an easy walking distance of both the centre of town and the mountain lifts. Classed as a superior 3 star hotel, you will be delighted by the wooden panelling, décor and furnishings, restaurant, welcoming bar and spacious bedrooms. The service and food is excellent.
The Stadtkruf Hotel, Salzburg – 2 NightsThis 4 star hotel is located in a quite area of the old town centre of Salzburg. From here it is just a few minutes’ walk to all the notable sights of town.
I would like to highly commend our Tour Manager. This man, larger than life and with a personality to match, was outstanding. He catered for the needs of all on our group and was not afraid to also take people to task when they were being foolish during walkabouts. You have found a true treasure in Victor and I congratulate your company on using such a man, with his knowledge, expertise and language capabilities on this tour. Well done Albatross and well done Victor. This man will remain in my memory for many years to come.
The whole tour was awesome. Loved the locations/hotels, the slower pace and free time we had. The group were great and most joined in the fun.
The Tour Guide was very nice but would have been good to have ear pieces to be able to hear him better when walking the streets. Think the final evening dinner would have been better at the hotel or very much closer - having to bus then walk in the rain and then into a huge restaurant where we all got seperated was not ideal. The hotel location was very handy to the railway station but the area was a bit dodgy. These negatives are really minor and hopefully constructive should not detract from a fabulous time and tour.
Dates and Prices
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer tours or $100 on our Christmas and ANZAC tours.
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.