German Christmas Holiday
8 days only $2,769 pp twin share
- Celebrate Christmas over 6 nights in the Black Forest
- Stay in an authentic, character style hotel
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- The festive tour experts
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Guaranteed group departures
Imagine staying deep in the heart of the German Black Forest over Christmas. Visit medieval towns and explore Christmas Markets on cobblestoned streets. Explore the Alsace wine road, visit the magnificent Hohenzollern Castle and see Gengenbach’s town hall illuminate with the world’s largest advent calendar.
- Celebrate Christmas over 6 nights in the heart of the Black Forest
- Enjoy daily included excursions to the Christmas Markets and towns of the Black Forest and the French Alsace
- Take in the medieval towns of Heidelberg, Freiburg and the festive Baden Baden Christmas Markets
- Cross into the Alsace region of France to visit Strasbourg to explore the wonderful Christmas Markets in the cobbled stone town centre
- See the world’s biggest advent calendar in Gengenbach and enjoy a special ‘dress up’ Medieval Banquet
- Explore the massive Hohenzollern Castle and see beautiful Lake Titisee
- Travel on the Black Forest High Road, enjoy ‘Christmas Magic’ in Triberg and witness the Hornberger shooting – an annual historical re-enactment
- All breakfasts and dinners are included
Day 1: 21 December - Frankfurt
Your tour commences this evening in wonderful Frankfurt: a city of contrasts – from modern skyscrapers to beautifully maintained old buildings. There is so much to see and do in the city centre. Dinner tonight is included in your hotel but first, enjoy a welcome drink. This is an ideal opportunity to meet your fellow travellers.
Day 2: 22 December - Hornberg
The ancient university town of Heidelberg is only an hour’s drive away. Set in the wooded Neckar Valley, with its twin- towered bridge and red sandstone castle, we spend the morning here. Moving on to delightful Baden Baden you will have time to explore the Christmas Market, which is set against the picturesque backdrop of the Kurhaus and the colonnades lit up by thousands of lights, in the heart of the festively decorated old town. Late afternoon we drive deep into the Black Forest to the village of Hornberg where we stay for the next six nights over Christmas. During your stay all breakfasts and dinners are included and there is also Turkey lunch on Christmas Day.
Day 3: 23 December - Hornberg
Day 4: 24 December - Hornberg
Christmas Eve! An exciting day as we drive through the conifers and snow covered meadows to reach beautiful Lake Titisee for a morning break. Later we will continue to the Black Forest’s highest ski resort at Feldberg, for lunchtime. Time to maybe enjoy a chair lift ride up to a mountain restaurant and take in the views or just have some fun in the snow. This afternoon, back at your hotel, we have included afternoon tea with Christmas biscuits and later this evening relax and enjoy our traditional festive Christmas Eve dinner.
Day 5: 25 December - Hornberg
Day 6: 26 December - Hornberg
Day 7: 27 December - Hornberg
This morning we are joined by our local guide when we visit the capital of the Black Forest – the Gothic city of Freiburg. Sensitively restored, Freiburg is one of the most charming German cities located where the Black Forest meets the Rhine Plain. Arcaded shopping streets and little streams lead through the old town to its great Gothic Münster with a splendid tower and richly decorated interior. Tonight we indulge in our farewell Medieval Banquet in the cellars of the Schloss.
Day 8: 28 December - To Luzern
This morning it is time to say farewell as your tour ends with a transfer via Zürich (drop off at Airport and train station in the city centre) to arrive late morning in Luzern.
Incredible Value Inclusions
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 7 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Frankfurt
- 15 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours travel App
Hotel Schloss, Hornberg – 6 NightsEnjoy the 900 years of history surrounding your hotel which boasts Black Forest traditions and culinary delights. Situated in a beautiful park above the valley in the heart of the Black Forest, this location makes an excellent base for all of our included excursions to the surrounding areas. This traditional hotel has a 3 star classification and all guestrooms are fitted with bath/showers, radio, telephones and satellite television. Please note the Hornberg Hotel has no lift however our rooms will be located on floors 1 and 2.
The tour was everything that was expected. Great tour manager, would want him on any tour. He was able to cope with difficult situations, most professionally, even when he was frozen cold!!! The various side trips were so enjoyable, and our Tour Manager had so much information to give.
The family atmosphere provided by Monika and Karsten, not forgetting the very obliging staff, made European Christmas an event to remember. I will be telling my friends to think about the same venue with Albatross.
Top of my 'Bucket List' was to experience a 'White Christmas.' So together with my son, daughter-in-law & grandsons Jack (19) and Adam (14) we chose to travel with Albatross.
It has been a wonderful week, great group of mixed ages and the boys found much to interest them. No snow on Christmas Day, however, we have certainly experienced the white stuff in abundance.
Truly, I have really had a great week and look forward to joining the New Year in Paris tour.
Doreen, travelled December 2014
The accommodation was family orientated, friendly, with excellent meals served with style and taste. Being lactose intolerant was well catered for by the chef. The final "medieval dinner" was the best special occasion function I have attended on a tour.
Outings were well paced, interesting, well led by Tour Leader Darren with good information, humour and an excellent safe driver in Andi
You need an exceptional category!!
I had the most amazing, exceptional, fantastic, wonderful time of my life.
The tour manager was perfect in every aspect, his knowledge was superb, organisational skills fantastic.
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer tours or $100 on our Christmas and ANZAC tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!