An Italian Winter Wonderland
9 days only $3,239 pp twin share
- Enjoy 3 nights in an Italian Castle
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- The festive tour experts
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Guaranteed group departures
- Stay 3 nights in a stunning, 900 year old hilltop Italian Castle
- Explore the canals of Venice with a local guide
- Spend a day in the dramatic Italian dolomites, visit the chic ski resort town of Cortina d'Ampezzo
- See the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Drive into the picturesque Tuscan countryside and sample local olive oil & wines
- Savour lunch in a traditional Italian Osteria
- Explore 'Cradle of the Renaissance' Florence and visit the Accademia Gallery
- Visit the fairytale 'town of towers' San Gimignano
The Italian Winter Wonderland Tour is just one of the many tours you can enjoy in Italy. Visit the destination page for more information for our other amazing tours!
Day 1: 4 February - Milan
Your tour commences this evening in Milan. Dinner tonight is included, but first enjoy a welcome drink. This is an ideal opportunity to meet your fellow travellers.
Day 2: 5 February - CastelBrando
Day 3: 6 February - CastelBrando
Day 4: 7 February - CastelBrando
Your choice today… Enjoy a day at leisure in your wonderful castle, or join us to have some fun in the snow as we drive north into the spectacular Dolomites to visit the chic Italian ski resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo. The rest of the day is free to shop and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the dramatic, snow laden peaks surrounding you. For lunch maybe take the cable car (not included) to one of the numerous mountain restaurants.
Day 5: 8 February - Lucca
Day 6: 9 February - Lucca
Today is dedicated to nearby ‘Firenze’ (Florence). A local guide will bring to life this truly beautiful city which is otherwise known as the ‘Cradle of the Renaissance’. Your tour starts with a visit to the famous Accademia Gallery, home to Michelangelo’s ‘David’ and numerous other extraordinary Italian, Florentine and Renaissance works of art. We see the Duomo and take in the magnificent Signoria.
Your afternoon is at leisure to enjoy Florence at your own pace. Espresso Coffee on Piazza Santa Croce where Michelangelo is buried? A gelato whilst strolling across the Ponte Vecchio? And then, of course, there is the excellent shopping.
Day 7: 10 February - Lucca
Our day begins with a visit to nearby Pisa with its famous Leaning Tower, Cathedral and Baptistery in the magnificent Piazza dei Miracoli. As a highlight we drive into the picturesque Tuscan countryside to visit a local Olive Farmhouse Estate, and enjoy an olive oil tasting accompanied by Tuscan wines and a selection of antipasto including local meats, cheese and bread – all specialities of this region, followed by a light lunch.
Day 8: 11 February - Rome
Day 9: 12 February - Rome
This morning it is time to say farewell as your tour ends.
Incredible Value Inclusions
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 8 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Milan
- 15 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 6 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours travel App
- NO additional costs!
CastelBrando, Italy - 3 nights
Skilful restoration and sensitive modernisation have brought the original magnificence back to life. Guelph style decorative battlements, stone cellars, tapestries, swords and suits of armour set the scene for the elegant halls, dining rooms, manicured gardens and terraces overlooking the valley. There is an extensive beauty and wellness centre connected to the hotel (entrance charge applicable) with an indoor pool,thermal health spa, massage services and Turkish baths.
Hotel Ilaria, Lucca - 3 nights
This 4-star hotel offers elegantly furnished rooms equipped with modern comforts. Renovated from Villa Buonvisi’s historic stables and a 14th-century church, Hotel Ilaria is perfectly located in the historic centre of Lucca, a short walk to all the major sights.
Dates and Prices
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer tours or $100 on our Christmas and ANZAC tours.
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.