New Year in an Italian Castle Tour
7 days only $3,699 pp twin share
- Enjoy a leisurely 3 night stay in an Italian castle
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Personal group sizes up to 40
Imagine staying in a glorious 900 year old Italian Castle set in the charming foothills of the Italian Dolomites and enjoying a sumptuous New Year’s Eve Gala dinner.
With visits to medieval Innsbruck, the chic ski resort town of Cortina d’Ampezzo, the canals of Venice and Lake Garda you will have a memorable experience!
- Celebrate New Year over 3 nights in a stunning Italian Castle set in the foothills of the Italian Dolomites
- Experience a New Year’s Eve Gala dinner with drinks in your centuries old castle hotel
- Stay in medieval Innsbruck and visit Swarovski Crystal Worlds
- Take the Brenner Pass across the Alps, and follow the dramatic Val Sugana through the majestic, snow covered Dolomites
- In Bolzano, see Ötzi - the mummified mountain man
- Explore the canals and hump backed bridges of Venice
- Relax in the chic ski resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo
- Visit Lake Garda and picturesque Sirmione
- Enjoy a farewell dinner in elegant, stylish Milan
Day 1: Luzern
Your tour commences this evening in Luzern. Dinner tonight is included, but first we enjoy a welcome drink. This is an ideal opportunity to meet and get to know your fellow travellers.
Day 2: Swarovski Crystal Worlds and ‘My Time’ in Innsbruck
This morning we follow the spectacular Inn Valley through the Tyrol to Wattens to visit Swarovski ‘Kristallwelten’ (Crystal Worlds)... a weird and wonderful crystal experience. After checking into our centrally located hotel you will have plenty of time to explore the Old Town, which is on your doorstep. Make sure you see the picture perfect medieval square beneath the famous ‘Golden Roof’.
Day 3: Bolzano, ‘Otzi the Ice Man’ and CastelBrando
Today we cross into Italy via the Brenner Pass and visit Bolzano, capital of Alto Adige region. Intricately carved gables, painted timber façades and an elegant arcaded main street illustrate the influence of both Tyrolean and Italian cultures. We have included a visit to the Museum of Archaeology where you can see the mummified remains of Ötzi – the famous Ice Man – along with a fascinating exhibition documenting the Ancient History of Italy’s South Tyrol. At Trento we cut across the scenic Val Sugana and mid afternoon reach the foothills of the Dolomites and our superb CastelBrando. Located above the village of Cison di Valmarino this 2,000 year old Roman fortress was turned into a sumptuous Noble’s palace in the 13th century. On arrival we have included a guided tour of the castle – there is a lot to see – and this will be your home for the next three evocative nights.
Day 4: Venice sightseeing, ‘My Time’ and a Gala New Year’s Eve dinner New Year’s Eve!
Today we visit nearby Venice – arguably one of the most romantic cities in the world. At Tronchetto we board a boat to take us to St Mark’s Square where we join our expert local guide for a walking tour. The rest of the day is at leisure to shop and explore the myriad of narrow, water lined streets and canals spanned by humped back bridges. Tonight we enjoy a Gala New Year’s Eve Dinner in ‘our’ castle. Sit back and enjoy fine Italian dining, numerous courses with Venetian fish specialties, and selected regional wines. This will be a night to remember!
Day 5: ‘My Time’ in your Castle or chic Cortina d’Ampezzo
Your choice today… Enjoy a day at leisure in your wonderful castle or, join us to have some fun in the snow as we drive north into the spectacular Dolomites to visit the chic Italian ski resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo. The rest of the day is free to shop and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the dramatic, snow laden peaks surrounding you. For lunch maybe take the cable car (not included) to one of the numerous mountain restaurants.
Day 6: Sirmione on Lake Garda and stylish Milan
Leaving our castle we head for the shores of Lake Garda where we take a morning break in the incredibly picturesque town of Sirmione with its tiny harbour surrounded by cobblestoned walkways and cafés. Later we continue to the stylish city of Milan for time at leisure before enjoying a farewell dinner in a local restaurant.
Day 7: Milan
Your special New Year tour ends after breakfast. Italy is at your feet!
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 6 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Luzern
- 12 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 6 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours travel App
Hotel Schweizerhof, Luzern - 1 NightThis 5 star hotel located on the banks of the Lake, in the heart of Luzern's old town, is one of Switzerland's finest hotels. The stunning interior reflects the brilliance of the grand era of the 19th Century. You will be charmed by the rooms which are discreetly elegant whilst being equipped with all the modern facilities required to ensure your comfort.
Penz Hotel, Innsbruck - 1 Night
This modern, stylish hotel is superbly located in the historic city centre.
CastelBrando, Cison Di Valmarino - 3 Nights
A beautifully restored castle with sensitive modernisation has brought the original magnificence back to life. Guelph style decorative battlements, stone cellars, tapestries, swords and suits of armour set the scene for the elegant halls, dining rooms, manicured gardens and terraces overlooking the valley. Glorious for après dinner drinks on a summer evening!
We thoroughly enjoyed our 7 day trip, visiting three countries, seeing amazing places – the gracious old city of Innsbruck, the grand and imposing Castelbrando - all the time following the majestic Dolomite Mountains and to top all that, a visit on New Year’s Eve to the “floating” city of Venice! Our tour guide made our time so interesting – he was caring of all travellers with special attention to the older people on board. He is empathetic and has a great sense of humour. Our driver was a good driver, we always felt safe and relaxed. Thanks to them we had a good holiday!
Robert and Chesne
Overall the tour was excellent. The tour manager was very knowledgeable and helpful, and the coach driver had a great personality. I really enjoyed the excursions, particularly Cortina d'Ampezzo.
I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. Our Tour Manager was an outstanding guide, very helpful and courteous throughout the tour. She was always on hand to advise and give advice when required. Loved the Castelbrando accommodation.
A wonderful tour, an experience of a lifetime - thanks to all involved in the organisation and planning of the tour.
Our higlights included:
- New Year's Eve dinner and festivities
- Castelbrando - great location and ambience
- Competent, efficient and professional tour manager
- Driving skill and friendly coach driver
- Visit to Venice
- Wine included with the meals
- Dinner included every day
- Location of the hotels - close to main attractions
Angela & Richard
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!