What tour did you travel on?
When did you travel?
17 December, 2019
Why did you select this particular tour?
One of my biggest childhood dreams is to experience white Christmas. Among the many Christmas tours offered in the market, we found what we’re looking for in the itinerary of this specific tour. The length of the tour is just enough and the places to go to are perfect!
Who did you travel with?
Travelled with my husband.
Have you travelled with us previously?
No, this is the first time we joined an Albatross tour.
What was your favourite place/s on your Albatross tour?
- Grindelwald with the imposing Alps surrounding our hotel. Walking on the street with the Alps as our backdrop is purely magical!
- Atop the First snow mountain resort which is 7111 ft high. This is where I truly experience my white Christmas!
- World of Charlie Chaplin which gave us deeper understanding and appreciation of this great man. Through this, his legacy lives on!
What was the most amazing thing you saw or did on your Albatross tour?
- on Christmas Eve, we woke up to a snow covered front yard of the hotel and to a heavy snow fall! My first real snow fall experience!
- on Christmas Day, we went up to the First where we walked and posed at the edge of the Cliff walk! It was crazy bec though it was sunny, the wind was strong that we have snowflakes on our faces and we feel the rails shaking when the wind blows! Never mind that Our hands are freezing cold we still managed to pose at the edge of the cliff walk! I believe we’re the only ones in our group who made the cliff walk.
Tell us about your most memorable moment on tour?
I have 3 :
- the cliff walk which I described above.
- during the Catholic Christmas Eve mass...before the priest gave the final blessing, all the lights were turned off except for the candles on the altar and the choir started singing Silent Night. It was so calm, peaceful and beautiful. Had goosebumps! One could really feel the Christmas spirit in the air!
- on Christmas Day, i was able to build snowmen with some of my fellow lady travelers! While building Olaf and Frosty, we were singing Let It Go from movie Frozen. Regardless of nationalities and age, we were just all ‘little girls’ having fun on that Snowy Christmas Day!
But what’s really memorable for my husband and me are the people in our group! When we learned that we have no fellow Asians/Filipinos in the group (the first time for us to have this set up), we have some concerns...we might not blend in, we might be discriminated. But all these gone from day 1 as our group mates led by our efficient and helpful guide Karen, warmly welcomed us and made us feel at home! They will always check on us and give us company. They gave us a family away from our own!
What was your favourite meal on tour?
The turkey lunch and the Scampi dinner on Christmas Day! Muy delicioso!!
What advice do you have for anyone interested in travelling on this tour?
Don’t forget to pack these 3 important things:
- reliable thermal undergarments (light to pack, washable and keeps you warm) and thick winter bubble jackets. Pack these using vacuum seal. Everyone in the group is amused and asking how I managed to have different bubble jackets (had 7) and 3 booths and several sweaters or jumpers...the secret is vacuum pack. Get the electric rather than manual pump. It’s easier and faster!
- reliable camera or phone. Glad that my kids gifted me an iPhone 11 before the trip so I was able capture all the beautiful sceneries and precious moments! Everyone who saw my FB posts would comment that my photos look like they were taken by a professional photographer!
- an open mind and a positive attitude. No matter how well the tour is planned, some things will go wrong. It will not always turn out as we expect. But instead of being grumpy and negative about it, just enjoy and make the most of what’s available. It will not only benefit you but also the people around you!
Would you recommend this tour to family and friends? If so, why?
Definitely yes! While on travel, I was posting on my FB our daily activities and itineraries so others can see/follow and plan their own vacations too. For us Filipinos, a White Christmas experience is everyone’s dream! I share my travel diaries so they too may be encouraged to realize their dreams too!