Traveller Story: Delving into the history of the Adriatic
What tour did you travel on?
Croatia and the Adriatic
When did you travel?
Why did you select this particular tour?
I selected this tour as it was a place I had always wanted to visit due to its fragmented history. I also loved the length of stays in each location - such a bonus to absorb the local area.
Who did you travel with?
I travelled with my friend Pam as we had both enjoyed the Christmas in Germany and New Year n Italy tours in 2015/16.
Have you travelled with us previously?
- Christmas in Germany 2015
- New Year in Castel Brando Italy 2016
What was your favourite place/s on your Albatross tour?
- Simply loved Trogir for its accessibility to hotel, unique Old Town and the ability to go to Klis and Krka National Park.
- Sibenik was an undiscovered gem offering so much - all brought together by a great local guide.
- Relaxing Hvar in our beautiful Amfora Hotel was unique in a different way. Fabulous breakfast and views, amazing local restaurants advised by our guide Vesna. The wine tasting was a nice touch too.
- Mostar was such an eye opener with its Austrian-Hungarian influences and the ability to absorb so many religions successfully. Dinner at Sadrvan was an absolute winner.
- History, history, conflict, reconciliation, rebuilding that’s Sarajevo in a nutshell.
- Finally to Dubrovnik- still the gem of the Adriatic - yes it’s crazy busy with cruise ships but one can still escape into little lanes and get away from the maddening crowds.
What was the most amazing thing you saw or did on your Albatross tour?
Tell us about your most memorable moment on tour?
What was your favourite meal on tour?
Would you recommend this tour to family and friends?
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously?