Sardinia & Corsica, the Lands of Myths and Legends Tour
14 days from $6,887 pp twin share
- Leisurely 2 & 3 night stays
- Small groups from just 10 to 28
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Character hotels in superb locations
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- 'My Time' guaranteed
Two islands, so different, so intriguing. One Italian, one French, both fiercely independent. Visit 3,500 year old huge stone ‘Nuraghe’ Tower villages, cruise to the beautiful Neptune’s Caves, enjoy stunning cliff top coastal drives, take 4WDs deep into rugged ravines for a shepherd’s picnic lunch. Visit colourful Bosa, ‘bandit’ Orgosolo, Catalan Alghero, the exquisite Costa Smeralda, the staggering cliff top town of Bonifacio, Napoleon’s Ajaccio and...best of all…3 nights in remarkable Su Gologone.
Due to popular demand we have added a new departure - 12 September 2020!
- Explore the sights of Cagliari and take in the views from the Bastione di Saint Remy
- Stay 2 nights in the heart of the exotic ‘Catalan’ town of Alghero
- Visit Nuoro, and drive past fields and fields of Nuraghe ruined towers
- Cruise to the spectacular Neptune’s Caves
- Stay 3 nights enjoying the extraordinary Su Gologone ‘Sardinian Experience’
- Explore the 3,500 year old Su Nuraxi - mysterious Nuraghe rock towers
- Take a 4WD tour into the Supramonte Mountains and savour a shepherds picnic
- Explore the bustling resort town of Porto-Vecchio & enjoy ‘My Time’ in the extraordinary cliff hanging, citadel town of Bonifacio
- Stay 2 nights in Napoleon Bonaparte’s Ajaccio
- Relax amongst the 16th century streets of charming Sartène
- Visit the house where Napoleon lived
- Relax in L’ile Rouse and enjoy a tasting of local produce & wine in Calvi
It’s the smell, the feel, the taste
Day 1: Cagliari welcome
Day 2: National Archaeological Museum, Bastione views and ‘My Time’
Day 3: UNESCO listed Su Nuraxi and wine tasting in a local vineyard
Day 4: 4WD into the Supramonte Mountains for a Shepherds picnic & ‘My Time’
The Su Gologone ‘Experience’
Day 5: Orgosolo – the ‘City of Murderers’
You are definitely in bandit country!
Once the epicentre of bandit country, shepherds scratching a meagre living from the surrounding hills got the bright idea to go to down to the coast, kidnap a few tourists and bring them back into the mountains. Holding them to ransom, they found sending home a severed ear in an envelope would announce their genuine intention, and get maximum payout! Nowadays Orgosolo is a very different town. Whilst banditry is gone, you get a constant reminder of its past and roots. Driving into town you pass the town sign which is still riddled with bullet holes. More interesting, in town there are dozens of houses with huge colourful ‘murale’ (murals) of highly topical political events and revolutionary characters. On one wall might be a picture of an aeroplane crashing into two giant skyscrapers, on another Gandhi at prayer. Absolutely fascinating!
Day 6: Bosa, a cliff top drive and Alghero
*16 May departure stays at Hotel Punta Negra in nearby Fertilia, overlooking the Gulf of Alghero.
Day 7: Neptune’s Caves, Alghero sunsets and ‘My Time’
Day 8: The Costa Smeralda and La Maddalena Island
Day 9: ‘My Time’ in Bonifacio
Day 10: Medieval Sartène, Propriano and a scenic drive
Day 11: Napoleon’s home and ‘My Time’
Day 12: Scenic train ride, Corte and L’ile Rousse
Day 13: ‘My Time’ in Calvi and Scandola Reserve cruise
Day 14: Calvi to Bastia
Incredible Value Inclusions
Over $1,400 value of extras included
- ALL excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air-conditioned touring coach
- 13 nights specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 bag per person)
- 22 Meals – including breakfast daily (B), a light lunch in a local vineyard, a shepherd's picnic lunch in the Supramonte Mountains (L) and 7 dinners (D)
- Tea, coffee and a complimentary beverage with all included dinners
- Welcome drink in Cagliari and on the Champagnoteque Terrace in Su Gologone
- Hand Selected Albatross Experiences – Su Nuraxi Nuraghe, 4WD excursion deep into the Supramonte Mountains for shepherds picnic lunch, train ride to Corte, Neptune’s Cave and Scandola Nature Reserve cruises
- Local guides as described in the itinerary
- ALL tips to your Tour Manager, Driver and Local Guides
- Free WiFi on coach in Sardinia and at all hotels
- Albatross Tours App
- Albatross Memories Photobook
No additional 'on tour' costs!
Regina Margherita - 2 nights
First class and in a great location a mere 200 metres in each direction to the port, the pedestrian shopping zone and the historical Bastione.
Su Gologone Experience Hotel - 3 nights
White washed villas and terraced rooms scattered up a hillside of olive trees, oleander blooms, hydrangeas and prickly pears, colourful décor with local crafts and artwork, stylish terraces and lounges.
Santa Teresa Hotel, Bonifacio - 2 nights
This excellent 3 star hotel, a former mansion built in the late 19th century, is located on the cliffs of Bonifacio. Offering breathtaking panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea, the hotel is a short stroll from the old town.
*Hotel for 8 May and 14 September departures will be Hotel A Madonetta
Best Western Plus Hotel Amiraute, Ajaccio - 2 nights
This 4 star hotel, located on the outskirts of Ajaccio, boasts panoramic sea views. The hotel offers a contemporary design with modern facilities and an outdoor pool.
Hostellerie de l’Abbaye, Calvi - 2 nights
In a great location just 200 metres from the old town, what was once a 16th century Franciscan monastery is now an elegantly furnished 4 star hotel, offering contemporary, air conditioned guest rooms.
*Hotel for 8 May and 14 September departures will be Hotel Chez Charles
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Guaranteed to Depart||Availability|
|25 Apr 2020||8 May 2020||AUD $6,887||Sold Out||
|16 May 2020||29 May 2020||AUD $7,147||Sold Out||
|30 May 2020||12 Jun 2020||AUD $7,147||Sold Out||
|29 Aug 2020||11 Sep 2020||AUD $7,147||Sold Out||
|12 Sep 2020||25 Sep 2020||AUD $7,147||Space Available|
|26 Sep 2020||9 Oct 2020||AUD $6,887||Space Available|
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!