Austrian Christmas Holiday
8 days only $2,829 pp twin share
- Leisurely 7 nights in the Austrian Tyrol
- Stay in an authentic, character style hotel
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- The festive tour experts
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Guaranteed group departures
- Celebrate Christmas over 7 nights in a first class chalet style hotel in the enchanting Austrian Tyrol
- Enjoy daily included excursions to the Christmas Markets and wonderful towns and villages of the Tyrol and the Bavarian Alps
- Visit ‘The Sound of Music’ Salzburg and enjoy a hot drink and biscuits in Austria’s oldest restaurant
- Visit Swarovski Crystal Worlds and the famous ‘Silent Night’ Chapel
- Experience Christmas shopping in medieval Innsbruck, visit the chic ski resort of Mayrhofen
- Cross into the Bavarian Alps and visit Linderhof Palace, the ‘Passion Play’ village of Oberammergau and the lovely Kloster Ettal Monastery
- Relax on a horse-drawn carriage ride in the Austrian countryside
- All breakfasts, dinners, traditional Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day lunch are included
Day 1: 19 December - Munich to Kirchberg
Day 2: 20 December - Kirchberg
Day 3: 21 December - Kirchberg
We have included a full day excursion today. Enroute to Salzburg our first stop is at the nearby village of Oberndorf where we visit the famous ‘Silent Night Chapel’ on the site where the Christmas carol was first performed. We then continue on to Salzburg – the baroque city of Mozart sitting beneath its enormous Festung (Fortress). A walking city tour with an expert local guide will introduce you to this enchanting city, including several locations used in the film ‘The Sound of Music’. As a finale you will gather amongst the fir trees in the small stone courtyard of the St Peter’s Keller, dating back to the 1500’s and Salzburg’s oldest restaurant, for a hot drink and biscuits. The rest of the day is free to enjoy the city. The huge castle makes a fascinating visit and don’t forget to soak up the atmosphere of the famous Salzburg Christmas Markets. This evening join in a torchlit village walk followed by mulled wine.
Day 4: 22 December - Kirchberg
Day 5: 23 December - Kirchberg
Heading deep into the Bavarian mountains we visit the old Salt Mines near Berchtesgaden. After dressing up in a salt miner’s uniform, we enjoy a fun filled ride on a small train deep underground, take wooden slides (or steps) and then float on a barge across a crystal clear underground lake, beautifully illuminated by a light show. Lunchtime will be spent amongst the cobbled streets of Berchtesgaden. Later we visit perhaps the most beautiful lake of all, Königssee - famous the world over for its steep cliffs and fjord-like lake. We have included a relaxing cruise along the length of the lake to visit the romantic pilgrimage church on St Bartholomew Island.
Day 6: 24 December - Kirchberg
Christmas Eve – There is nothing quite like a day in the mountains! The highlight of today will be your ride in a horse-drawn carriage through the local countryside, suitably warmed with some mulled wine while enjoying the dramatic, snow laden mountains and breathtaking scenery surrounding you. Afterwards maybe take a ‘winter walk’, hire skis or a toboggan and play in the snow. Tonight, enjoy a traditional Christmas Eve dinner.
Day 7: 25 December - Kirchberg
Christmas Day as it should be….in a wonderful location – relaxing, eating, drinking and some fun in the snow! Your day is at leisure to relax and savour the delights of Kirchberg. A two course lunch has been included today, and a farewell dinner tonight.
Day 8: 26 December - To Munich
This morning it is time to say farewell as your tour ends with a transfer to Munich, to arrive around midday. We recommend that you book flights or trains that depart Munich after 3pm today. For those of you joining one of our wonderful New Year Tours that begin in Luzern or Milan, the good news is, we have arranged complimentary Group transfers on 28 December.
Incredible Value Inclusions
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 7 nights accommodation in an authentic, specially selected, chalet style hotel
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Kirchberg
- 15 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Local guides as described in the itinerary
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours travel App
Hotel Sonnalp, Kirchenberg - 7 NightsThis excellent chalet style 4 star hotel is located just on the edge of Kirchberg village. The atmosphere is charming with that traditional Austrian wooden décor, rooms are spacious with balconies and the dining is excellent! We have also included free access to their excellent indoor pool, steam room and sauna. Located in a dramatic setting of snow covered Alps - where else would you want to stay for Christmas?
Our tour guide coped well with such a varied group of people. Her knowledge of the area is exceptional and if she has a flaw, it is that she gives too much information for one to absorb quickly. She is very caring of her passengers and that is the most important thing to me. We had an excellent driver, as well as being friendly and helpful.
Dates and Prices
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer tours or $100 on our Christmas and ANZAC tours.
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.