Austrian White Christmas Tour
10 days only $4,999 pp twin share
- Relaxed 3 & 4 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Personal group sizes up to 40
- Celebrate Christmas over 4 nights in Leogang village in an 800 year old coaching Inn with festive drinks in the Samerstall stables and a horse drawn carriage ride on Christmas Day
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck and in the grounds of the delightful Schönbrunn Palace at dusk
- Enjoy a traditional Christmas Eve dinner, Turkey lunch on Christmas Day, a feature dinner in the centuries old Griechenbeisl Inn, Vienna and a farewell dinner and Swiss Folklore Show in Luzern’s Stadtkeller
- Stay 3 nights in glorious Vienna and explore the Vienna Woods visiting the Heiligenkreuz Monastery
- Be guided through the staterooms of the magnificent Schönbrunn Palace and astonishing Melk Abbey on the Danube
- Visit baroque Salzburg, enjoy a hot drink and biscuits in Austria’s oldest restaurant, visit the Silent Night Chapel, Kitzbuhel and Zell-am-See
- Stay in the winter resort of Innsbruck and visit Swarovski Crystal Worlds
- Enjoy a farewell night in the lovely lakeside town of Luzern
Day 1: Vienna
Day 2: Heiligenkreuz Monastery, Vienna sightseeing and Schonbrunn Palace
This morning we take a delightful drive winding up through the Vienna Woods to the ‘Hellental’ for a guided tour through the Heiligenkreuz Monastery. Returning to the old city for lunchtime, our panoramic city tour will bring to life all the sights, gardens and monuments of this Imperial City, from the State Opera House and the Hofburg Palace to the spire of St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Later this afternoon we have included entrance and a guided tour through the State Apartments of the magnificent Royal summer residence – the Schönbrunn Palace. We have timed this day so that it is dusk when you complete the Palace tour – perfect for the Christmas Markets in the main courtyard. This evening is at leisure.
Day 3: ‘My Time’ in Vienna and Christmas Markets
Day 4: Baroque Melk Monastery, Mondsee and Leogang in Salzburgerland
Joining the Danube at Melk, we have included entrance and a privately guided tour through the enormous Melk Monastery – an astonishing baroque creation. Later we continue to the Salzkammergut – a land of clear alpine air and blue mountain lakes which formed the stunning back drop to the famous film ‘The Sound of Music’. We stop here in the village of Mondsee, on Lake Mondsee, for a relaxing lunchtime and to visit the
film’s ‘wedding church’. In the afternoon we drive deep into the Salzburgerland Mountains to Leogang – a picturesque little village near to Zell-am-See, where we stay four nights and enjoy a truly festive Christmas. Tonight enjoy a welcome drink. All dinners, traditional Christmas Eve dinner plus Christmas Day turkey lunch are included.
Day 5: The Silent Night Chapel, Salzburg sightseeing, ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets
Day 6: Christmas Eve in the mountains - ‘My Time’ in Kitzbuhel and a cable car ride to the top of the Smittenhöhe
There is nothing quite like a day in the mountains! First stop this morning is the fashionable ski resort of Kitzbuhel. Dating back hundreds of years the main streets still maintain all their old charm with beautifully painted houses, overhanging roofs and ornate gables. Perfect for that last minute Christmas shopping. Later we continue on through the steep hills and mountains to the year round lake side resort of Zell-am-See. Here you may wish to enjoy a stunning cable car ride (not included) up to the lofty heights of the Smittenhöhe which towers 6,450 feet over the township. The view from the top is considered one of the finest in the Alps. Later, back in the comfort of your hotel, the warm glow will continue through this evening as we enjoy a festive Christmas Eve dinner.
Day 7: Christmas Day - ‘My Time’ and a horse drawn carriage ride
Day 8: Medieval Rattenberg, Swarovski Crystal Worlds, ‘My Time’ in Innsbruck
We depart our Christmas hotel and follow the spectacular Inn Valley. We will soon stop for a break in the village of Rattenberg - a medieval gem and a perfect place to take morning tea amongst the old cobbled streets. Before arriving in the winter resort of Innsbruck we visit Swarovski ‘Kristallwelten’ (Crystal Worlds)... a weird and wonderful crystal experience. After checking into our centrally located hotel the rest of the day is free to explore the Old Town and see the famous ‘Golden Roof’.
Day 9: Vaduz to lake side Luzern and a Swiss Folklore show
Day 10: Luzern
Your Christmas tour is now complete, and it is time to say farewell. For those of you joining one of our wonderful New Year Tours that begin in Munich or Milan, the good news is, we have arranged complimentary Group transfers.
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 9 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Vienna
- 17 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours travel App
Hotel Stefanie, Vienna - 3 NightsOriginally dating back over 450 years, the current building is a charming, traditional 4 star Viennese-style hotel. The Stefanie is perfectly located in the heart of Vienna near the Danube Canal and within easy reach of the Opera, St Stephen’s Cathedral and the pedestrian mall. Your hotel offers 130 rooms with very tasteful décor, private facilities, TV, radio and hairdryer and an excellent restaurant and bar.
Landhotel Kirchenwirt, Leogang – 4 Nights
Traditions are important in this beautiful family owned hotel! They should be as the hotel dates back to the 13th century! The old walls of the Samerstall stable and vaulted ceiling have even sheltered Emperors and Kings in days gone by. This cosy hotel offers quality, personal service and excellent cuisine. Your hosts, the Unterrainer family, ensure the perfect ambience for your festive stay.
Grauer Baer Hotel, Innsbruck - 1 NightSuperbly located just 200 metres from the historic city centre, this hotel has 196 rooms with private facilities. The hotel boasts style and tradition and features a restaurant, bar, sauna, steam-bath, solarium and a gym.
We had an amazing tour manager; not only was she knowledgeable, but so helpful and nothing was ever too much trouble, especially with my gluten free needs. She always made sure I was catered for, even buying me gluten free cookies to have when everyone else was having the Christmas cookies. She is truly exceptional and made our tour wonderful.
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!