Bohemian Christmas Markets Tour
11 Festive Days
- Leisurely 2 and 3 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
Imagine shopping in the Christmas Markets of Europe’s greatest cities. Stay in vibrant Berlin, ancient Dresden, medieval Prague and amazing Nürnberg. See the Brandenburg Gate, enjoy visits to Potsdam’s Cecilienhof Palace, the ‘Bridge of Spies’, Dresden’s Royal Palace with its extravagant New Green Vault and Hradcany Castle. Explore Bamberg and delightful Rothenburg and stand on the ramparts of Königstein Fortress in the magnificent Saxon Switzerland National Park.
- Visit 7 Christmas Markets, Berlin, Dresden, Leipzig, Prague, Bamberg, Nurnberg and Rothenburg
- Stay 2 nights in central Berlin, see 'The Wall', stand on the 'Bridge of Spies' and visit Checkpoint Charlie
- Enjoy 3 nights in Dresden, see the glorious Zwinger Palace and explore picturesque Christmas Markets
- Walk on the dramatic Bastei Bridge and Konigstein Fortress ramparts in the Saxon Switzerland National Park
- Stay 2 nights in the centre of Prague and visit the impressive Hradcany Castle
- Enjoy a free day to explore the city of Prague and dine out in a local Czech restaurant
- Visit Nurnberg's famous Nazi Rally Grounds and Documentation Centre
- Spend the day in picture postcard Rothenburg on the Romantic Road
Day 1: Berlin
Your tour commences this evening in wonderful Berlin – a city now united and re-built in even greater glory. Dinner tonight is included in your hotel, but first enjoy a welcome drink. This is an ideal opportunity to meet your fellow travellers.
Day 2: Berlin & Potsdam sightseeing
Day 3: Leipzig sightseeing and Christmas Markets
Day 4: Dresden sightseeing, ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets
Day 5: Saxon Switzerland National Park sightseeing and dinner in a Saxon restaurant
Day 6: Prague sightseeing
Day 7: ‘My Time’ in Prague and Christmas Markets
Day 8: Bamberg and Nürnberg
Day 9: Nürnberg sightseeing, ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets
Day 10: ‘My Time’ in Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber and Christmas Markets
Day 11: To Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
10 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
Welcome drink in Berlin
16 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 6 evening dinners (D)
A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
Tea and coffee with all included dinners
Local guides as described
Personal audio system whilst on tour
Free WiFi at hotels
End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
Maritim proArte Hotel, Berlin – 2 Nights
Bilderberg Bellevue Hotel, Dresden - 3 Nights
In a manor house overlooking the Elbe river, this 4 star hotel is conveniently situated within easy walking distance of Dresden’s Baroque district. The elegant rooms, decorated in soft cream colours, feature limited free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV, safe and minibar. The hotel also boasts a wellness area including spa, pool, sauna and gym.
Clarion Hotel Old Town, Prague – 2 Nights
Novotel Nuernberg Centre Ville, Nurnberg – 3 Nights
Enjoyed our holiday from day 1. The other guests on tour were friendly and of similiar age and interests to us. I loved the cities we visited and that our hotels were close to city centres so we could walk to attractions and cafes. The coach was comfortable and we had an excellent driver who had to drive in all types of conditions. Great holiday and looking forward to our next tour.