A Swiss Christmas in Grindelwald Tour
11 days only $5,289 pp twin share
- Leisurely 5 night stay in the Swiss Alps
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- The festive tour experts
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Guaranteed group departures
Imagine celebrating Christmas in a first class spa hotel in the stunning Swiss Alpine village of Grindelwald. Shop at Christmas Markets, explore the gorgeous Swiss Riviera town of Montreux, visit Château de Chillon, the amazing hilltop town of Gruyères and enjoy an exhilarating Alpine ride on the Golden Pass train.
- Celebrate Christmas over 5 nights in the first class Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof, in snow drenched Grindelwald, surrounded by the soaring peaks of the Bernese Oberland
- Spend 2 nights in Zurich, and visit the Christmas markets to admire the 50-ft-tall Christmas tree
- Stay 2 nights in the Swiss Riviera town of Montreux, follow the dramatic Lavaux wine road along Lake Geneva and visit Charlie Chaplin’s town of Vevey
- Visit Byron’s Chateau de Chillon, the amazing hilltop town of Gruyères and the chic ski resort of Gstaad
- Enjoy the excellent Christmas markets scattered along the foreshore of Montreux and in the medieval cobbled stone streets and squares of Bern
- Explore Thun and Interlaken
- Savour special dinners including a Christmas Eve themed dinner, Christmas Day Turkey lunch, Christmas Day themed dinner, and Farewell dinner in Luzern
- Take a Christmas Eve ride on a horse drawn carriage, sip red wine punch and pamper yourself in the wellness centre of your delightful Christmas hotel
Day 1: 17 December - Zurich
Your tour commences this evening in Zürich. Tonight a welcome drink and dinner are included. This is an ideal opportunity to meet your fellow travellers.
Day 2: 18 December - Zurich
Day 3: 19 December - Montreux
Day 4: 20 December - Montreux
Day 5: 21 December - Grindelwald
An adventure today as we board the Golden Pass panoramic train which will take us across the Alps, past the chic ski resort of Gstaad and Château-d’Oex, to Zwiesimmen. Our seats are pre-booked in the special panoramic carriages and the views throughout the journey are spectacular. (Your luggage will travel separately, making this an easy and relaxing day). At Zwiesimmen, we change trains and continue to Interlaken, and then deep into the heart of the Bernese Oberland to Grindelwald where we stay the next five nights.
Grindelwald is known the world over for its dramatic setting surrounded by massive snow covered peaks and meadows and the views directly onto the north face of the Eiger are exceptional. Justifiably famous for its skiing, the village is full of restaurants, cafés and shops. Throughout your stay we have included buffet breakfasts and four course dinners. Highlight of your stay will be a Christmas Eve celebration dinner and a Christmas Day dinner.
Day 6: 22 December - Grindelwald
Day 7: 23 December - Grindelwald
Day 8: 24 December - Grindelwald
Day 9: 25 December - Grindelwald
Christmas Day at leisure in a stunning location. There is so much to see and do. A Christmas Turkey lunch will be enjoyed and later in the evening there is a themed Christmas Day dinner. Apparently, at some point Santa Claus will make an appearance!
Day 10: 26 December - Luzern
Day 11: 27 December - Luzern
Incredible Value Inclusions
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel by coach & scenic trains as described
- 10 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Free use of pool and spa facilities in Grindelwald hotel
- Welcome drink in Zürich
- 19 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 8 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi available at most hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours travel App
Hotel Glockenhof, Zurich - 2 Nights
Perfectly located in the heart of the city, this modern 4 star hotel is within easy walking distance of Zürcher Bahnhofstrasse (main shopping street), the train station and the waterfront of Lake Zürich.
Grand Suisse Majestic, Montreux - 2 Nights
This 4 star hotel is located in the heart of Montreux, on the shore of stunning Lake Geneva. All guestrooms are air-conditioned and have minibar, safe, flat-screen TV, direct-dial phone and hairdryer.
Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof, Grindelwald - 5 Nights
This superior 5 star hotel is a three minute walk from the centre of Grindelwald and has an imposing backdrop of the world-famous Eiger and Lauberhorn Mountains. The atmosphere is charming with traditional Swiss wooden décor, and the dining is excellent! This delightful hotel also offers an excellent wellness centre complete with a spa, steam room, sauna and indoor pool.
The highlight for me was the 5 nights we spent at Grindelwald - just wonderful! A beautiful hotel, wonderful staff and fantastic food!
I have had a truly wonderful trip and really cannot fault it in any way. Our tour manager was wonderful - so patient, knowledgeable and always greeted everyone with a smile.
Thank you so much for organising such a wonderful tour!
Suzanne, travelled December 2015
Our tour manager, Gilberto, was so professional, very obliging, a great people's person and fun to be with. His knowledge was second to none and his guidance and advice was excellent. The tour has been amazing, but of course Gilberto's presence and professionalism has made the difference for me.
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer tours or $100 on our Christmas and ANZAC tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!