Christmas in a Swiss Spa Resort
12 Wonderful Days
- Enjoy 4 nights over Christmas in the Swiss Alps
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Small group size - just 10 to 28
NEW FOR 2020!
Imagine… celebrating Christmas over 4 nights deep within Switzerland's massive mountain, in a wonderful Swiss Spa resort, nestled in the heart of the majestic Alps. Spend 3 days exploring Bavaria's Fairytale Castles and Christmas Markets, see the majestic Matterhorn views and explore Montreux's romantic Chateau Chillon. Relax in panoramic carriages on the Glacier Express, passing frozen waterfalls and lakes. Christmas Eve take the cable car up Mt Gemmi for 'lunch with the views' and relax on Christmas Day floating in a steaming, outside thermal pool under the twinkling stars, surrounded by huge, jagged peaks. What an unbelievable Christmas experience!
- Stay 3 nights in the Bavarian town of Füssen
- Visit Steingaden and the picturesque Wieskirche – ‘Church in the Meadows’.
- Be guided through the ‘fairytale’ Neuschwanstein Castle.
- Visit extravagant Linderhof Palace and the Passion Play village of Oberammergau
- Explore Garmisch-Partenkirchen’s pedestrian heart, complete with wonderful Christmas Markets and visit the mesmerizing Olympic ski jump and stadium
- Stay 2 nights in historic Appenzell
- Visit the UNESCO listed, 1,000 year old library in St Gallen, and its old town Christmas Markets
- Enjoy a horse drawn carriage ride in Neu St Johann and visit Lindau on Lake Constance
- Stay 4 nights over Christmas in the stunning, mountain perched ‘spa town’ of Leukerbad
- Christmas Eve take the cable car up Mount Gemmi for a Swiss lunch in the Wildstrubel panoramic restaurant
- Relax on Christmas Day and pamper yourself in the spa & wellness centre of your hotel
- Ride in panoramic carriages on the Glacier Express, passing over chasms and through the mighty Alps
- Explore Zermatt’s historical old mountain village with Matterhorn views
- Ride on the Gornergrat funicular surrounded by dozens of 4,000 metre peaks
- Stay 1 night in lakeside Luzern with its covered bridges
- Explore Byron’s Chateau de Chillon & Montreux’ fabulous lakeside promenade
- Enjoy a farewell dinner and Swiss Folklore Show in a local restaurant
Day 1: Munich
Day 2: Steingaden, beautiful Wieskirche and Bavarian Alps
Day 3: Neuschwanstein ‘fairytale’ Castle, ‘My Time’ in Füssen
Day 4: Linderhof Palace, Oberammergau and ‘My Time’ in Garmisch’ Christmas Markets
Day 5: Lindau on Lake Constance and ‘old’ Appenzell
Day 6: A horse drawn carriage ride in Neu St Johann & St Gallen Markets
Day 7: The Glacier Express train to the mountain spa town of Leukerbad
Day 8: Christmas Eve – A cable car ride up Mount Gemmi for a Swiss mountain lunch
Day 9: Christmas Day–‘My Time’ in Leukerbad
Day 10: Zermatt and the Matterhorn
Day 11: Château Chillon, Montreux and Luzern
Day 12: Luzern
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing, train journeys and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 11 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation as described
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Free use of fitness, spa and wellness centre in your Leukerbad hotel
- Welcome drink in Munich
- 20 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) 2 lunches (L) and 8 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described in the itinerary
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours App
Maritim Hotel Munich - 1 Night
Hotel Hirsch - 2 Nights
Romantik Hotel Säntis - 2 Nights
Le Bristol Wellness Hotel Leukerbad - 4 Nights
Hotel Wilden Mann, Luzern - 1 Night
This charming 4 star hotel is conveniently located only 200 metres walk from the historic Chapel Bridge.
Dates and Prices
Small, personal groups
Our group sizes range from just 10 to 28. An Albatross small group tour will allow you to enjoy a more personalised and in-depth holiday experience.
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.