Escorted Tours Through Scotland
From its famously rich whiskey to the tales of its mysterious lochs, and from the picturesque tundras to the stirring wail of the bagpipes, there’s a lot to love about Scotland, making a Scotland tour the ideal inclusion on any United Kingdom trip.
The cities are lively and exciting, regularly hosting some of the United Kingdom’s greatest festivals and events. The towns and villages are quaint and welcoming, offering respite from the beautifully desolate landscapes that have captured the hearts of many Scottish poets and authors.
Many travellers to Scotland are amazed at how far the country has come with cuisine. Once known for takeaways with a completely deep fried menu, modern cafes and restaurants have embraced the local and slow food movements. You’ll enjoy fresh seafood, local beef and venison, and fresh produce often grown just outside the establishment’s back door.
Scotland Tour Highlights
- New Lanark: Nestled in a stunning gorge by the River Clyde is New Lanark, a World Heritage Site of expertly restored cotton mills, warehouses and worker’s cottages. Established in 1786 by a wealthy Scottish merchant, New Lanark was Scotland’s most successful experiment in utopian socialism. The bustle of the milling operations is long gone, leaving a quiet riverside town full of history to explore.
- Glasgow: Once an industrial town home to Scotland’s staid manufacturing magnates, Glasgow is now a vibrant city full of chic bars, fine dining restaurants and boutique shopping. The transformation has been carefully managed to ensure none of the city’s heritage is lost. The ornate Victorian buildings and immense warehouses still stand proud; however, they are now likely to house an exhibit of modern art, an impressive museum collection or regular performances written by the region’s up-and-coming playwrights.
- Callander: A small town in the famous Trossachs that is close to scenic Loch Lomond, Callander is a picture perfect example of life in the Scottish Highlands. The town has a carefree atmosphere, perfect for lazy mornings wandering the café and boutique-lined streets before heading off on one of the town’s many famous nature walks in the afternoon.
Best of British
16 days from $7,987 pp twin share
We take the time to do Britain justice... from Stonehenge to the 'bravehearts of Scotland' and Tintern Abbey. Explore Oxford, Warwick Castle, stay at Leeds Castle, plus more!
- Leisurely 2 and 3 night stays
- Small group tours, maximum 28
- $1,600 included extras, no optionals
- Character hotels in superb locations