Swiss Alps and Christmas in Bavaria
14 Spectacular Days
- Longer stays with 2, 3 and 5 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - just 10 to 28
New for 2020
At Christmas, relax over 5 nights in the beautiful 'Passion Play' village of Oberammergau and spend your days visiting romantic 'fairytale' castles, Bavarian villages, and Christmas markets, and a trip to the top of Germany's highest mountain, the Zugspitze. See Zurich's massive Christmas tree with 40,000 Swarovski crystals. Relax on the famous Glacier Express as it cuts through Switzerland's mightiest peaks and explore Luzern, Montreux on Lake Geneva and Innsbruck. Stay 2 nights in chic ski resort of Klosters and relax over 3 relaxing nights in a spa resort perched high in the snow clad Alps, surrounded by massive, jagged peaks. Visit Zermatt and ride high on a train to the top of Gornergrat mountain for staggering Matterhorn views. What fun!
- Stay 2 nights in stylish Zurich and enjoy a welcome drink
- Enjoy ‘My Time’ amongst Zurich’s fabulous Christmas Markets and see the famous Swarovski crystal covered Christmas tree.
- Visit historic lakeside Luzern, with its ancient covered wooden bridges and Christmas Markets
- Stay 3 nights high in the mountains in the ‘spa town’ of Leukerbad
- Explore Byron’s Chateau de Chillon & Montreux’s fabulous lakeside Christmas markets
- Experience the spectacular scenery of ‘Le Valais’
- Visit the stunning village of Zermatt, ride the funicular train up to the Gornergrat for extraordinary mountain views to the Matterhorn
- Enjoy a mountain ‘My Time’ day, and pamper yourself in your spa hotel
- Stay 2 nights in a beautiful chalet style hotel in the chic mountain resort of Klosters
- Take a thrilling ride in panoramic carriages on the Glacier Express, passing over chasms and through the mighty Alps to Chur
- Explore and play with ‘My Time’ amongst high snowy peaks
- Stay 5 nights and celebrate Christmas in the Bavarian village of Oberammergau
- Enjoy a traditional Christmas Eve dinner & Turkey lunch on Christmas Day
- Relax on a horse drawn carriage ride on Christmas Day
- Drive down the Inn valley and explore medieval Innsbruck and see the ‘Golden Roof’
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle & the picturesque Wieskirche
- Experience the incredible funicular train & cable car ride up to the summit of the Zugspitze
- Visit extravagant Linderhof Palace, Kloster Ettal & the Oberammergau Passion Play Theatre
- Stay 1 night in Bavaria’s capital, Munich, and enjoy a farewell meal
- Enjoy a panoramic tour of the city
Day 1: Zürich
Day 2: Luzern sightseeing, ‘My Time’ and Christmas markets
Day 3: Château Chillon and ‘My Time’ in Montreux
Day 4: ‘My Time’ in Leukerbad
Day 5: Zermatt and the Matterhorn
Day 6: The scenic Glacier Express train to Chur
Day 7: ‘My Time’ in Klosters & the mountains
Day 8: ‘My Time’ in Innsbruck, Christmas Markets & Oberammergau
Day 9: Neuschwanstein Castle, ’My Time’ in Füssen & Wieskirche
Day 10: Christmas Eve at the top of the world–the mighty Zugspitze!
In nearby Garmisch-Partenkirchen we board a funicular train which takes us across snow laden fields to the base of the mighty Zugspitze. At this point the train enters the mountain and tunnels its way up to Zugspitzeplatt station at an altitude of 2,600 metres. Here you can be entertained by the alpine hustle and bustle and marvel at the acrobatic stunts of the freeskiers and snowboarders in Terrain Park Zugspitze. There is also the marvellous SonnAlpin Glacier Restaurant to enjoy a relaxing brunch. Later we will catch the cable car to the summit of the Zugspitze Mountain, Germany’s highest peak. At an altitude of nearly 3,000 metres the views are quite stupendous. Take in the unmatched 360° panorama with a view of more than 400 peaks in Austria, Italy, Switzerland and Germany, or enjoy lunch in the Gipfelalm rustic summit lodge. We then catch the Eibsee cable car all the way down to the lakeside where our coach meets us and takes us back to our Christmas hotel. The warm glow will continue as we enjoy a traditional Christmas Eve Dinner.
Day 11: Christmas Day – ‘My Time’ in a Bavarian village & a horse drawn carriage ride
Day 12: Linderhof Palace, Kloster Ettal and Oberammergau
Day 13: Munich Sightseeing and 'My Time'
Day 14: Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- Over $1,500 value of extras already included
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 13 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Zurich
- 25 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 11 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours App
Hotel Glockenhof Zurich - 2 Nights
Le Bristol, Leukerbad - 3 Nights
Hotel Alpina, Klosters - 2 Nights
Park Hotel Sonnenhof Oberammergau - 5 Nights
Maritim Hotel Munich - 1 Night
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Availability|
|15 Dec 2020||28 Dec 2020||AUD $7,987||Space Limited - Call Now|
Small, personal groups
Our group sizes range from just 10 to 28. An Albatross small group tour will allow you to enjoy a more personalised and in-depth holiday experience.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.