A Swiss Christmas in Zermatt Tour
11 Amazing Days
- Leisurely 2 and 4 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
- Celebrate Christmas over 4 nights in the first class Alex hotel, in snow drenched Zermatt, surrounded by soaring peaks of the high Swiss Alps and beside the mighty Matterhorn
- Relax and pamper yourself over Christmas in the excellent fitness, spa and wellness centre of your delightful chalet style hotel
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Munich, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Lindau
- Savour special festive dinners including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners, and a farewell dinner in Luzern
- Stay 2 nights in Fuschl in the Austrian Lakes District, enjoy a hot drink and biscuits in Salzburg and visit the ‘Silent Night Chapel’
- Explore medieval Innsbruck
- Stay 2 nights in Appenzell, visit historic Lindau and enjoy a horse drawn carriage ride
- Glide through the Swiss Alps in the Glacier Express panoramic train carriages from Chur to Zermatt
- Ride on the Gornergrat funicular and see the mighty Matterhorn at 3,100 metres and enjoy a mulled wine at the Kulmhotel surrounded by dozens of 4,000 metre high peaks
- Enjoy a walking tour of Zermatt’s historical old town
Hear about this tour first hand from an Albatross traveller - read about Les and his wife's experience on this tour.
Day 1: Munich
Day 2: Mondsee, stunning Hallstatt and Fuschl in the Austrian Lakes district
Day 3: The Silent Night Chapel, Salzburg sightseeing, ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets
Day 4: ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets in Innsbruck and delightful Appenzell
Day 5: A horse drawn carriage ride in Neu St Johann & St Gallen
Day 6: The Glacier Express train to world famous Zermatt
Day 7: Zermatt walking tour and ‘My Time’
Day 8: Ride the cog railway to the Gornergrat and see the mighty Matterhorn
Day 9: Christmas Day – ‘My Time’ in an Alpine paradise
Day 10: Chateau Chillon, Montreux and Luzern
Day 11: Luzern
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing, train journeys and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 10 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation as described
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Free use of fitness, spa and wellness centre in your
- Welcome drink in Munich
- 19 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 9 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described in the itinerary
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
Seerose Hotel, Fuschl - 2 NightsThis family run hotel, with its warm and friendly atmosphere, is located right on the banks of Lake Fuschl. Featuring a restaurant with stunning lake views you will be welcomed by rooms featuring safe, television, private bathroom and a balcony.
Hotel Hecht, Appenzell - 2 Nights
Centrally located in the historic and charming town centre. All hotel rooms feature a private bathroom and are equipped with a television.
Hotel National, Zermatt - 4 Nights
This distinctly first class hotel is superbly located in the heart of the stunning village of Zermatt.
Maritim Hotel Munich - 1 Night
Hotel Schweizerhof Luzern - 1 Night
I have just arrived home after the 2011 Christmas in a Swiss Spa Resort and New Year in Paris Tours with Albatross.
Firstly I would like to congratulate Albatross for the overall excellence in tour management. It was my first tour with Albatross and right from the start I was very impressed with the professionalism and attention to detail especially on the Christmas tour. I have travelled extensively over the years on different tours and must say Albatross has surpassed all my expectations and I would highly recommend them to my friends in the future.
Our tour guide and just a gem. She is on the ball the whole time and tried to cater to all the different needs of many different personalities. She has researched her regions very well and was most informative to us while travelling on the coach. Not to mention her great personality and sense of humour which kept all the Australians quite amused. She also made sure everyone was settled in ok and happy. The Christmas tour was just fabulous with plenty of snow and I was amazed that each new day something more exciting was in store for us. Our coach driver also did a fantastic job and kept everyone relaxed and safe.