A Swiss New Year Adventure Tour
8 Exhilarating Days
- Longer stays with 2 and 3 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
Ride on panoramic trains and funiculars up massive mountains, across ravines and snow laden valleys. Visit historic Bern and lakeside Thun, the ski resorts of Grindelwald, Mürren, Wengen and delightful Lauterbrunnen. Take stunning cable car rides over the Männlichen ridge and up the extraordinary Schilthorn mountain peak for a ‘007 James Bond’ lunch. Fly down a mountain on a zip line, experience a suspended cliff clinging walk, try snowshoeing, ice curling and watch the New Year’s Day fireworks explode and echo through the mighty,snowy peaks.
- Celebrate New Year over 6 nights in Interlaken
- Spend 5 full days exploring the mighty mountains, towns, and villages of the Bernese Oberland
- Be there for the magnificent New Year’s Day fireworks show
- Ride on the Zentralbahn Panoramic train from Luzern to Interlaken
- Enjoy a New Year’s Eve Chinois Fondue dinner and Farewell dinner with a Swiss Folklore show
- Take the incredible funicular train up the Jungfraujoch, explore the ice palace, look down on the massive Aletsch Glacier
- Explore ancient Bern and lakeside Thun, visit Wengen, experience the fun of a snowshoe walk and try your hand at ice curling
- Take the cable car to Grütschalp then a scenic train along to the cliff top village of Murren
- Ride on a cable car to the exhilarating Schilthorn summit for a buffet lunch in the famous 007 revolving restaurant, enjoy the 007 Experience and follow the Skyline Thrill Walk around Birg Peak
- Ride on the new Männlichen Cable Car, visit Grindelwald, enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride and zoom down the mountain on the ‘First Flyer’ zip line.
Day 1: Luzern, welcome drink and dinner
Day 2: Panoramic train ride to Interlaken
Day 3: Jungfrau mountain ride and Aletsch Glacier
Day 4: New Year’s Eve fondue, medieval Bern and Thun
Day 5: New Year’s Day, snow shoe walk, ice curling and fireworks!
Day 6: Mürren and the Schilthorn 007 Experience
Day 7: Grindelwald, the First Flyer and a Zip Line ride
Another glorious day in the mountains. This time to the world-famous village of Grindelwald by train, and then by cable car up to the First lookout. Time for an incredible experience as we ‘harness up’ for an exhilarating zip line ‘flight’ down the mountain side. It is very easy and so much fun! Later, free time to explore the shops and cafés of this delightful ski resort, and perhaps take a ride on the Männlichen cable car. Tonight we celebrate with a farewell glass of schnapps before dinner in a local restaurant. Relax and soak up the atmosphere as you enjoy traditional Swiss fare and a Folklore show.
Day 8: Transfer To Zurich
Incredible Value Inclusions
All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
Travel by coach, scenic trains and cable cars as described
7 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
Welcome drink in Luzern
12 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 4 evening dinners (D))
A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
Tea and coffee with all included dinners
Local guides as described
Free WiFi available at most hotels
End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
Albatross Tours Travel App