Christmas in the Austrian Tyrol Tour
11 Wonderful Days
- Stay 5 nights in the Austrian Tyrol
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Personal group sizes up to 40
- Celebrate Christmas over 5 nights in the heart of Neustift - a delightful Tyrolean village in the snow covered Stubai Valley
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Munich, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Berchtesgaden
- Experience a Christmas Eve dinner in a Tyrolean restaurant in Neustift
- Enjoy a walking tour of Salzburg's old town through to the Christmas Markets
- Explore the Salt Mines near Berchtesgaden
- Wake up on Christmas Day surrounded by massive snow covered peaks of the Stubai Valley
- Ride on a thrilling bobsled down the Olympic run in Igls
- Visit ‘Mad’ King Ludwig’s Fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle
- Spend your farewell evening in the delightful Bavarian village of Füssen
Hear about this tour first hand from an Albatross traveller - read about Michele and her family's experience on this tour.
Day 1: Munich
Day 2: Herrenchiemsee Palace and pretty Mon
Day 3: Salzburg sightseeing and Christmas Markets
Day 4: Horse drawn carriage ride and dinner in Salzburg’s oldest beer cellar
Day 5: Bavaria, Berchtesgaden and Swarovski Crystal
Days 6: Innsbruck, medieval Hall and Bergisel ski jump
Day 7: Christmas Eve in a winter paradise
Day 8: Christmas Day – Olympic Bobsled ride
Day 9: Boxing Day – ‘My Time’ in the mountains
Day 10: Bavaria and Fairytale Castles
Day 11: Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 10 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp) all hotels, except Pension Elisabeth in Neustift
- Welcome drink in Munich
- 17 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
Eurostars Book Hotel – 1 Night
Altstadt Stadtkrug – 3 Nights
Sportspension Elisabeth, Neustift - 5 Nights
Located in the very heart of the picturesque town, the Sportpension Elisabeth is in an ideal location to explore the wonderful Stubai Valley. This pension has a delightful ambience with wooden floors, beams and décor with that warm, traditional Tyrolean feel. In house, they also boast a sauna, steam room, leisure area and ski/boot drying room. During your stay a buffet breakfast is included daily. Enjoy cereal, homemade jams, cakes, fresh bread, and cheese and meat products from the neighbouring farms. Please note room porterage is not available.
Hotel Hirsch, Fussen - 1 NightSuperbly located in the picturesque town of Füssen, Hotel Hirsch, built in the “Art Nouveau” style, has been owned by the same family for four generations. The hotel combines elegantly modern comfort and the Bavarian ambience. All rooms have private facilities, TV and telephone.
We thoroughly enjoyed the tour, great group of people and enjoyed everywhere we visited on the tour. There was a good variety of outings and experiences on tour. A highlight was probably the last night; it was a magical experience and well worth including in the tour.
Presca, our tour manager made our tour truly memorable. She was highly organised and nothing was too much trouble.
We particularly like the structure of the tour with free time to explore (as opposed to being herded like cattle!)
The pace was perfect and the opportunity to ski was perfect for us. The other tour members were friendly and agained helped to esnsure a memebrable tour.
John, travelled December 2014
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!