Christmas in the Austrian Tyrol Tour
11 Wonderful Days
- Stay 5 nights in the Austrian Tyrol
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
- Celebrate Christmas over 5 nights in the heart of Neustift - a delightful Tyrolean village in the snow covered Stubai Valley
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Munich, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Berchtesgaden
- Experience a Christmas Eve dinner in a Tyrolean restaurant in Neustift
- Enjoy a walking tour of Salzburg's old town through to the Christmas Markets
- Explore the Salt Mines near Berchtesgaden
- Wake up on Christmas Day surrounded by massive snow covered peaks of the Stubai Valley
- Ride on a thrilling Bob Raft down the Olympic bobsled run in Igls
- Visit ‘Mad’ King Ludwig’s Fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle
- Spend your farewell evening in the delightful Bavarian village of Füssen
Visit each destination page for more information for our other amazing tours!
Hear about this tour first hand from an Albatross traveller - read about Michele and her family's experience on this tour.
Day 1: Munich
Day 2: Herrenchiemsee Palace and pretty Mondsee
Day 3: Salzburg sightseeing and Christmas Markets
Day 4: Filzmoos and a horse drawn carriage ride
Day 5: Berchtesgaden, Salt Mines and Swarovski Crystal
Days 6: Innsbruck, medieval Hall and Bergisel ski jump
Day 7: Christmas Eve in a winter paradise
Day 8: Christmas Day – Olympic Bobsled ride
Spend Christmas morning relaxing in Neustift. This afternoon, do we have a huge adventure planned for you! We visit the ski resort of Igls and the incredible Olympic bobsled run. Standing there as bobsleds zoom right past you is an amazing experience! And yes, for those that want to, we have included a thrilling run for you in a 5 man Bob Raft! About the size of a bobsled, it a big foam rubber, padded cell that runs on 20 cm wide runners.
Completely stable, you will start at the very top of the run and hurtle down the icy track reaching speeds of up to 90 kms an hour. You will take all 14 turns of the Olympic bobsleigh run, including the famous 270 degree, steeply embanked ‘Kreisel’ turn! Amazing fun.
Please Note: the Bob Raft rules state it is only for people aged 10 years and over. Ensure your Travel Insurance covers you for this exciting activity.
Day 9: Boxing Day – ‘My Time’ in the mountains
Day 10: Fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle and Füssen
Day 11: Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 10 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp) all hotels, except Pension Elisabeth in Neustift
- Welcome drink in Munich
- 17 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
Maritim Hotel Munich – 1 Night
Imlauer Hotel Pitter, Salzburg - 3 Nights
First opened in 1864, this family run, 4 star superior hotel enjoys a central location close to many of the famous landmarks and sights of Salzburg.
Sportspension Elisabeth, Neustift - 5 Nights
Hotel Hirsch, Fussen - 1 Night
Superbly located in the picturesque town of Füssen, Hotel Hirsch, built in the “Art Nouveau” style, has been owned by the same family for four generations. The hotel combines elegantly modern comfort and the Bavarian ambience. All rooms have private facilities, TV and telephone.
We thoroughly enjoyed the tour, great group of people and enjoyed everywhere we visited on the tour. There was a good variety of outings and experiences on tour. A highlight was probably the last night; it was a magical experience and well worth including in the tour.
Prisca, our tour manager made our tour truly memorable. She was highly organised and nothing was too much trouble.
We particularly liked the structure of the tour with free time to explore.The pace was great and the opportunity to ski was perfect for us. The other tour members were friendly and made our holiday even more memorable.
John, travelled December 2014