Christmas in the Austrian Tyrol Tour
10 days only $3,479 pp twin share
- Stay 5 nights in the Austrian Tyrol
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- The festive tour experts
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Guaranteed group departures
- Celebrate Christmas over 5 nights in the heart of Neustift - a delightful Tyrolean village in the snow covered Stubai Valley
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Munich, Salzburg and Innsbruck
- Experience a Christmas Eve dinner in a Tyrolean restaurant in Neustift
- Stay 2 nights in the centre of baroque Salzburg and enjoy a walking tour of the old town through to the Christmas Markets Visit ’The Sound of Music’ wedding church in Mondsee and explore the Salt Mines near Berchtesgaden
- Wake up on Christmas Day surrounded by massive snow covered peaks and explore the winter wonderland of the Stubai Valley
- Visit the winter resort of Innsbruck and visit Swarovski Crystal Worlds
- Drive over the beautiful, snow clad Fern Pass into Bavaria to visit ‘Mad’ King Ludwig’s Fairytale Castle
- Spend your farewell evening in the delightful Bavarian village of Füssen
Day 1: 19 December - Munich
Day 2: 20 December - Salzburg
Day 3: 21 December - Salzburg
We have left this day entirely at leisure for you to enjoy this marvellous city with its winding cobbled stone streets, churches, Christmas decorations and shops – all a short walk away. Take time to visit the huge castle for a fascinating view and don’t forget to soak up the atmosphere of the famous Salzburg Christmas Markets.
Day 4: 22 December - Neustift im Stubaital
A leisurely departure as we drive deep into the Bavarian mountains. After exploring the famous, historical town of Berchtesgaden we enjoy a fun filled ride deep into the old Salt Mines. After dressing up in a salt miner’s uniform, we ride on a small train deep underground, take wooden slides (or steps) and then float on a barge across a crystal clear underground lake, beautifully illuminated by a light show. Later we follow the spectacular Inn Valley through the Tyrol to Innsbruck where we cross the Europabrucke (Europe’s second highest bridge) and enter the glorious Stubai Valley. The Stubai Valley is a winter playground with a number of villages lining the valley floor whilst mountains soar up to 3,000 metres either side. Our home for the next five nights is in the Tyrolean village of Neustift.
Day 5: 23 December - Neustift im Stubaital
Days 6 - 8: 24-26 December - Neustift im Stubaital
What a magnificent location to enjoy Christmas!
There is so much you can do. A highlight will be your special Christmas Eve Dinner in a local restaurant. Also, we will include a visit to the incredible Olympic bobsled run in the ski resort of Igls. Standing there, as bobsleds zoom right past you is an amazing experience… and yes, for those that want to… we have actually included a run for you in a 5 man bobsled! (Inclusion of the run on the Olympic bobsled in Igls is subject to confirmation). You will be happy to know that it is a fully experienced pilot that steers you as you speed up to 90 kms per hour, hurtling around 10 icy curves, including the famous 270 degree, steeply embanked ‘Kreisel’ turn! (Note: the bobsled rules state it is only for people aged 12 years and older, and at least 130 cm tall. Please also ensure your Travel Insurance covers this exciting activity). Whether you are a ‘super active snow sports’ person or a ‘take it easy and relax’ person there is so much to enjoy over these days. All along the length of the valley there are numerous forested ‘winter walks’ which often double as Nordic or Cross Country ski paths. In your village there is a small ice skating rink and the longest natural tobogganing track in the Tyrol.
Three evenings a week there is also night-time tobogganing lit with lanterns! The peaks around are easily accessible by cable cars and mountain gondolas and at all ‘drop off’ points there are large restaurants, cafés and restroom facilities – usually with panoramic views. On the Stubaier Glacier, the Mutterberg gondola stops at an altitude of 3,333 metres where there is a restaurant and an observation platform called the ‘Top of the Tyrol’. The views are enormous spanning across the jagged Alps, one way to Italy and the other into Germany. Paragliding is also available for the adventurous and the skiing is of course, fabulous.
Day 9: 27 December - Fussen in Bavaria
Day 10: 28 December - To Munich
This morning your tour comes to an end with a transfer to Munich, to arrive mid morning. We recommend that you book flights or trains that depart Munich after 3pm today.
For those of you joining one of our wonderful New Year Tours that begin in Luzern or Milan, the good news is, we have arranged complimentary Group transfers.
Incredible Value Inclusions
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class airconditioned touring coach
- 9 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp) all hotels, except Pension Elizabeth in Neustift
- Welcome drink in Munich
- 15 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 6 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours travel App
- NO additional costs!
Radisson Blu Hotel Altstadt, Salzburg - 2 Nights
Sportspension Elizabeth, Neustift - 5 NightsLocated in the very heart of the picturesque town, the Sportpension Elizabeth is in an ideal location to explore the wonderful Stubai Valley. This pension has a delightful ambience with wooden floors, beams and décor with that warm, traditional Tyrolean feel. In house, they also boast a sauna, steam room, leisure area and ski/boot drying room. During your stay a buffet breakfast is included daily. Enjoy cereal, homemade jams, cakes, fresh bread, and cheese and meat products from the neighbouring farms. Please note room porterage is not available.
Hotel Hirsch, Fussen - 1 NightSuperbly located in the picturesque town of Füssen, Hotel Hirsch, built in the “Art Nouveau” style, has been owned by the same family for four generations. The hotel combines elegantly modern comfort and the Bavarian ambience. All rooms have private facilities, TV and telephone.
We thoroughly enjoyed the tour, great group of people and enjoyed everywhere we visited on the tour. There was a good variety of outings and experiences on tour. A highlight was probably the last night; it was a magical experience and well worth including in the tour.
Presca, our tour manager made our tour truly memorable. She was highly organised and nothing was too much trouble.
We particularly like the structure of the tour with free time to explore (as opposed to being herded like cattle!)
The pace was perfect and the opportunity to ski was perfect for us. The other tour members were friendly and agained helped to esnsure a memebrable tour.
John, travelled December 2014
Dates and Prices
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer tours or $100 on our Christmas and ANZAC tours.
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.